← sedimentary rocks Test
6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- - The process that presses sediments together. At first all the sediments fit together loosely, but gradually layer that are thick and build up. The weight of the layers further compacts the sediments, squeezing them tightly together. The layers are often visible.
- The process where dissolved minerals glue/crystallize particles of sediment together. While compaction is taking place, the minerals in the rock slowly dissolve in the water. It takes millions of years for compaction and cementation to transform sediment into rock.
- cemented sand grains (usaly quartz), gritty feel. -clastic
- rock made from plant remains-organic
- made of broken pieces of rock (fragments) squeezed together. Grouped by the size of rock fragments, which they are made
5 True/False Questions
Organic Rocks → Forms when the remains of plants and animals are deposited in thick layers.
compact limestone → skelotons and shells of sea animals-organic
rock salt → natural form of salt, salty taste- chemical
shale → rock made from plant remains-organic
sediment → small, solid pieces of material that come from rocks or living things.