5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is Deism?
- What is the name of the home Marie built herself?
- What are tithes?
- Who said "C'etatast moi" or "i am the state"?
- What was the major cause of bankruptcy of France?
- a The idea that god is a clockmaker: he created the world and stepped back and watched it go. The idea that human beings determine the future and make decisions.
- b People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
- c Trianon
- d King Louis XIV
- e The money loaned to the American Rev.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Political, intellectual, economic, and social
- Before there was government when humans were free to do whatever they wished
- The Scientific Revolution
5 True/False Questions
What is the Social Contract and who wrote it? → Rousseau's idea that the government has the right to protect the citizen's unalienable rights and that there is a contract between the people and the government. The government has the responsibility to protect the people, but the people have to give up some of their rights they had in the state of nature. If the people don't like the government, they can replace it.
How did the French Rev. represent the transition to the modern world (4+ ways)? → There was a shift from loyalty to king to loyalty to nation (nationalism), capitalism replaces feudalism, there was a shift from estates to classes, everything was being based of of logic and reason...
What were Voltaire's beliefs about religion? → He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
Who was Marie Antoinette's mom and where was she from? → He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
Bossuet → philosophe, enlightenment thinker, came up with idea of general will