5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Years of French Revolution
- What was the major cause of bankruptcy of France?
- Name three(+) people in the Enlightenment
- What is the taxation system?
- What is the name of the home Marie built herself?
- a John Locke, Hobbes, Diderot, Voltaire, Rousseau
- b The money loaned to the American Rev.
- c 1789-1799
- d The 3rd Estate pays close to 50% of their income to the 1st estate: in tithes and other taxes from food, clothing, etc.
- e Trianon
5 Multiple choice questions
- There was a shift from estates to classes. You can change classes but you cannot change estates. The middle class began to rise and wanted more rights
- Wealth went from land to money
- The idea that god is a clockmaker: he created the world and stepped back and watched it go. The idea that human beings determine the future and make decisions.
- The Scientific Revolution
5 True/False questions
What are tithes? → People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
What were Voltaire's beliefs about religion? → Three branches that check and balance each other: executive, legislative, judicial
How does Deism relate to the Enlightenment? → John Locke, Hobbes, Diderot, Voltaire, Rousseau
Who was Marie Antoinette's mom and where was she from? → Marie Theresa from Austria
Years of American Revolution → 1789-1799