5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the four categories of underlying causes?
- What were the underlying political causes of the French Rev.?
- What are cahiers?
- What is the taxation system?
- a Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting
- b Marie and Louis were incompetent rulers
- c Political, intellectual, economic, and social
- d came up with theory of government was The Divine Right of Kings. Theory of government before the French Rev.
- e The 3rd Estate pays close to 50% of their income to the 1st estate: in tithes and other taxes from food, clothing, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- There was a shift from estates to classes. You can change classes but you cannot change estates. The middle class began to rise and wanted more rights
- She never said it, they were just rumors
- He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
- During the meeting of the Estates-General, the 3rd estate was locked out by the king from the meeting. They went to a tennis court and pledged they would be loyal to the National Assembly, and they wouldn't break their group until they created a new constitution
5 True/False questions
What are tithes? → People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
How does Deism relate to the Enlightenment? → They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.
How did the French Rev. represent the transition to the modern world (4+ ways)? → There was a shift from loyalty to king to loyalty to nation (nationalism), capitalism replaces feudalism, there was a shift from estates to classes, everything was being based of of logic and reason...
Who said "the power is absolute"? → Bishop Boussett
Name three(+) people in the Enlightenment → They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.