5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the four categories of underlying causes?
- What were Voltaire's beliefs about religion?
- State of Nature
- What is the General Will?
- a He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
- b Before there was government when humans were free to do whatever they wished
- c The majority of the people/ the majority will
- d Political, intellectual, economic, and social
- e came up with theory of government was The Divine Right of Kings. Theory of government before the French Rev.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.
- "Ancien Regime." Means "old ways [of doing things]"
- Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes
- Rousseau's idea that the government has the right to protect the citizen's unalienable rights and that there is a contract between the people and the government. The government has the responsibility to protect the people, but the people have to give up some of their rights they had in the state of nature. If the people don't like the government, they can replace it.
5 True/False Questions
Rousseau → philosophe, enlightenment thinker, came up with idea of general will
Who was Marie Antoinette's mom and where was she from? → He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
What was the shift in wealth after the Industrial Revolution? → Versailles
What are tithes? → Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting
What is the taxation system? → The majority of the people/ the majority will