5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In 1784, which foreign nation closed the Mississippi River to Americans?
- Who were the leading Antifederalists?
- Under the Articles of Confederation, who had the power to enforce laws?
- What was the purpose of the 1787, Philadelphia Convention?
- National law making body formed by the Articles of Confederation.
- a Spain
- b Patrick Henry, George Mason, and Mercy Otis Warren.
- c The states
- d Confederation Congress
- e To discuss revision of the Articles of Confederation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Senate and the House of Representatives.
- To protest high state taxes.
- Shay's Rebellion
5 True/False Questions
What did the states want from a national government? → To prevent tyranny. A republic. Individual rights and freedoms protected
Why were the Federalist papers written? → John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison.
Why did delegates from southern states threaten to reject the Constitution? → They thought that representation based upon population would give the large states more power.
In which of part of our bicameral legislature is representation equal? → The Senate
Which branch is responsible to make laws? → The judicial branch