5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- developed country
- wholesale business
- durable manufacturing
- a the mass production of goods that are expected to last more than one year
- b country that has a great deal of technology and manufacturing
- c A bnusiness that buys and resells merchandise to retail merchandising businesses
- d the basic energy and equipment needs of all industries, such as electricity production, bridges and roads. 3 main types utilities, transportation and communication
- e the most radical form of socialism in which the government owns everything
5 Multiple choice questions
- the gross value of the product minus the costs of raw materials and energy.
- commodities (goods or services) bought from a foreign country
- principal Ore from which aluminum is made
- a natural resource that has been extracted from primary industries and been changed to make other products
- a nonrenewable energy resource formed from the remains of organisms that lived long ago; examples includes petroleum, coal, and natural gas
5 True/False questions
economic self-suffiency → A traditional grazing method in which nomadic herdsmen wander freely over rangelands in search of good grazing for their livestock.
tariff → a tax on imports or exports
General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) → the mass production of goods that are expected to last for less than one year
metal → a class of elements characterized by physical properties that include shininess, malleability, ductility, and conductivity
aquaculture → Big busnises and companies in the process of making a raw material into a finished product; especially in large quantities.