9. What is Hammurabi's Code? (1 sentence)
The motto for Hammurabi's Code in which it pertained to the interactions in a person's daily life was "eye for an eye". Though it was not applied fairly to all people but depended on your status.
10. What would Mesopotamians use to write with? And what on? (1-2 sentences)
The Scribes would use clay tablets to write on and with sharp reeds.
11. Explain the difference between cuneiform and the Phoenician alphabet. Why is this so important? (4-5 sentences)
Three major difference are simplicity, who uses them and symbols. The Phoenician became more popular and wider used because it was user friendly. The Phoenician Alphabet had only twenty-two symbols and represented sounds. This made it easier for traders to learn and use it. The Cuneiform was more difficult because it was made of hundreds of symbols and represented whole words. The users, Symbols and simplicity represented the largest differences between Phoenician alphabet and cuneiform.
12. Who taught the Israelites to believe in one God? (1 sentence) -
Abraham taught the Israelites to believe in one god.
13. Moses told the Israelites that God promised them that they would return to where? (1 sentence)
Moses told the Israelites that God would lead them Canaan.
14. How were women treated in Israel? (2-3 sentences)
Women of Israel were treated as property as in other religions , if it was your mother you showed respect.
15. Describe how the Phoenicians contributed towards advancements in Mesopotamia? (3-4 sentences)
What resulted from the Phoenician alphabet being more simplistic? What is the ability for more people to learn.