Noun. A system of doctrines put forth by an authority, especially a Church, to be the absolute truth.
Adj. 1. Pertaining to dogma.
2. Expressed in an authoritative or arrogant manner.
Adj. Not in agreememnt with accepted beliefs; holding unorthodox opinions.
1. Noun. A person who believes nothing can be known about the existence of a god.
2. Adj. Relating to the belief that existence of a God is unknowable.
Noun. Art of judging human character by facial features; facial features when regarded as revealing character.
Noun. A prediction of the outcome of a disease; any forecast or prediction.
Noun. A standard, rule, or test on which a decision or judgement can be made.
Noun. Pretending to have feelings, beliefs, or virtues that one does not have.
Noun. A general pardon for offenders; especially for political offenses.
Adj. Relating to or assisting the memory.
Adj. Frantic; Frenzied.
1. Noun. A severe mental disorder in which a person becomes unable to act or reason in a rational way, often with delusions and with withdrawal from relationships.
2. Noun. A situation of extreme conflict between choices, loyalties, or ways of life.
Tr.v. 1.(Legal) to call to court to answer charges.
2. To accuse; to charge with wrongdoing.
Noun. The reasons underlying something, often presented as a statement.
Tr.v. To provide a rational basis for something, often by false or self-serving reasoning.
Adj. Wise, insightful (often used ironically, but not all the time).
1. Noun. A person, usually elderly, who is honored for wisdom and experience.
2. Adj. Wise; judicious
Noun. The act of percieving or knowing.
Adj. Aware; having knowledge of something.
Noun. An expert, or very discriminating person, especially in matters of art and taste.
Adj. Widely and unfavorably known; infamous.
Tr.v. To determine by mathematics.
Tr.v. To attribute or ascribe a quality, especially a FAULT, to a person.
Tr.v. To assign a reputation to (usually used with "to be").
Adj. Supposed; reputed.
Noun. A sign or feeling concerning some future event; an omen; foreboding.
Adj. Shrewd; having good judgement; perceptive.
Adj. 1. Guided by one's sense of right and wrong.
2. Thorough; with careful attention.
Noun. A direct vote of all the people of a country or district on an important matter; a referandum.
Noun. Knowledge of events before they occur; foresight; foreknowledge.