5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ice crystals
- a These cover about 75 percent of Earth.
- b the changing of a liquid into a gas
- c Many clouds in the summer sky are made of these.
- d Dew forms during this part of the water cycle.
- e the layer of rock and soil that groundwater flows through
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- when ice turns into water vapor without first melting
- a measure of how salty water is
- Groundwater that flows into the ocean does not involve ___ vapor.
- evaporation, condensation, precipitation, run-off
- Rivers, streams, and lakes are surface ___ water.
5 True/False Questions
frozen → ___ raindrops falling from clouds are called sleet.
currents → ___ raindrops falling from clouds are called sleet.
iceberg → These cover about 75 percent of Earth.
groundwater → Water that fills spaces between particles of rock and soil is called _____.
reservoir → a lake formed behind a dam