5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- filtering, adding chemicals like fluoride & chlorine
- a This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.
- b The ocean will most likely have the greatest ___ in an area where the water evaporates quickly.
- c when ice turns into water vapor without first melting
- d Two ways the most communities treat water before it comes into your home.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- About 7/10 of Earth's ___ water is frozen into ice.
- ___ raindrops falling from clouds are called sleet.
- This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
- the changing of a liquid into a gas
- How are evaporation & sublimation alike and different?
5 True/False Questions
water → Groundwater that flows into the ocean does not involve ___ vapor.
fresh → This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.
water table → the top level of groundwater in an aquifer
reservoir → Groundwater that flows into the ocean does not involve ___ vapor.
air pressure → When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.