5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- air pressure
- alike-water vapor is formed in both; different-sublimation is slower
- a When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
- b This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
- c How are evaporation & sublimation alike and different?
- d a measure of how salty water is
- e Water that fills spaces between particles of rock and soil is called _____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the layer of rock and soil that groundwater flows through
- a lake formed behind a dam
- Two ways the most communities treat water before it comes into your home.
- Dew forms during this part of the water cycle.
- The top level of groundwater in a(n) ___ is called water table.
5 True/False questions
currents → These carry warm water toward the poles.
ice crystals → These cover about 75 percent of Earth.
water cycle → evaporation, condensation, precipitation, run-off
frost → Rivers, streams, and lakes are surface ___ water.
fresh → This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.