5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- water cycle
- a This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.
- b This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
- c evaporation, condensation, precipitation, run-off
- d the changing of a gas into a liquid
5 Multiple choice questions
- Water that fills spaces between particles of rock and soil is called _____.
- the top level of groundwater in an aquifer
- About 7/10 of Earth's ___ water is frozen into ice.
- These carry warm water toward the poles.
- When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
5 True/False questions
precipitation → water leaving clouds as rain, snow, sleet, or hail
sleet → frozen raindrops
water → Groundwater that flows into the ocean does not involve ___ vapor.
sublimation → when ice turns into water vapor without first melting
reservoir → a lake formed behind a dam