5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- alike-water vapor is formed in both; different-sublimation is slower
- air pressure
- water table
- a How are evaporation & sublimation alike and different?
- b the top level of groundwater in an aquifer
- c When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
- d the changing of a gas into a liquid
- e the changing of a liquid into a gas
5 Multiple choice questions
- the layer of rock and soil that groundwater flows through
- Dew forms during this part of the water cycle.
- About 7/10 of Earth's ___ water is frozen into ice.
- A liter of cold water with high ____ is heavier than a liter of warm water with low ____.
- These carry warm water toward the poles.
5 True/False questions
sublimation → when ice turns into water vapor without first melting
precipitation → water leaving clouds as rain, snow, sleet, or hail
frozen → ___ raindrops falling from clouds are called sleet.
oceans → These cover about 75 percent of Earth.
fresh → This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.