5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the changing of a liquid into a gas
- b The top level of groundwater in a(n) ___ is called water table.
- c Dew forms during this part of the water cycle.
- d Rivers, streams, and lakes are surface ___ water.
- e ___ raindrops falling from clouds are called sleet.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Water that fills spaces between particles of rock and soil is called _____.
- The ocean will most likely have the greatest ___ in an area where the water evaporates quickly.
- This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
- These cover about 75 percent of Earth.
- frozen raindrops
5 True/False Questions
air pressure → When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
ice crystals → Many clouds in the summer sky are made of these.
salinity → A liter of cold water with high ____ is heavier than a liter of warm water with low ____.
reservoir → a lake formed behind a dam
frost → This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.