Chapter 13 East Asian Cultural and Political Systems, 1300-1650
1) Which of the following is NOT significant to the decline of the Yuan dynasty? A) famine and disease
B) oppressive taxation C) Mongol control of government D) lack of military discipline
E) climate change
24) Which of the following is the BEST example of Muromachi architecture? A) Himeji castle
B) Silver Pavilion C) Toyotomi Hideyoshi castle D) Oda Nobunaga castle
E) the city of Edo
28) All Europeans were driven out of Japan EXCEPT the A) Spanish.
B) French. C) Russians. D) Italians.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
5 True/False Questions
32) The Southeastern Asia country formerly known as Siam is A) Burma.
B) Cambodia. C) Thailand. D) Vietnam.
E) Malaya. → : C
14) Qin Liangyu, a general, A) became the last Ming emperor.
B) was unable to stop local rebellion. C) was known as corrupt. D) fought the Huns.
E) fought the Manchus and became a well-known poet. → : E
18) The Neo-Confucian revival in Korea A) freed women from societal restrictions.
B) encouraged popular uprisings. C) meant lower taxes. D) ended publication of literature.
E) created a Korean writing system. → : E
30) A major factor hampering the development of Southeast Asia was A) religion.
B) lack of resources. C) geographical location. D) national competition.
E) foreign invasion. → : A
19) Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592?
A) Japan desired a continental empire.
B) The Choson military was not effective. C) The Korean people rose up to defend Korea. D) Japan had guns but Korea did not.
E) Japan was victorious. → : E