5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biological magnification
- a A way of manageing natural resources to preserve habitats and wildlife.
- b Loss of forests through natural or man made causes; logging forests
- c When good land is turned into a desert through farming, overgrazing, and/or drought
- d When increasing pollutants are passed up the food chain
- e Total diversity in the biosphere. The combination of ecosystem, species, and genetic diversity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Resources can regenerate or replenish over time;ex. growing more trees after logging/using wind energy/cleaning and reusing drinking water
- Number of individuals in an area
- Number of different species in the biosphere
- Species that move into ecosystems that do not contain any of their normal population limiting factors
- Growth that increases over time. Found under perfect conditions only
5 True/False questions
Genetic diversity → Number of different species in the biosphere
Smog → A mixture of chemicals that occurs as a grey-brown haze. Primarily caused by automobiles
By-catch → Plants and animals that fishing boats remove from the oceans, that are not intended for use/consumption; catching dolphins in your nets while fishing for tuna.
Endangered species → Species with very low numbers that is at risk of dying out
Demography → population movement out of an area