5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Population density
- Biological magnification
- a Number of individuals in an area
- b When increasing pollutants are passed up the food chain
- c Total diversity in the biosphere. The combination of ecosystem, species, and genetic diversity.
- d A harmful material that can enter the biosphere through air, land, or water.; murcury
- e A way of manageing natural resources to preserve habitats and wildlife.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- limits population growth based on population density;ex. disease, competition, predation
- Anything that limits population growth
- Species that move into ecosystems that do not contain any of their normal population limiting factors
- Rate of increase or decrease of a population
- Using natural resources without running out of them, and providing for human needs without causing long term environmental harm.
5 True/False Questions
Exponential growth → Growth that increases over time. Found under perfect conditions only
Renewable resource → Resources can regenerate or replenish over time;ex. growing more trees after logging/using wind energy/cleaning and reusing drinking water
Immigration → population movement into an area
Habitat fragmentation → Loss of forests through natural or man made causes; logging forests
Emigration → population movement out of an area