5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The membrane's permeability to K+ is much higher than?
- A type of neurotransmitter receptor that contains a neurotransmitter binding site and an ion channel
- What are effectors?
- What two types of neuroglia produce myelin sheaths?
- At a synapse between neurons, the neuron receiving the message is?
- a ionotropic receptor
- b postsynaptic neuron
- c schwann cells in PNS
oligodendrocytes in CNS
- d muscles and glands
- e its permeability to Na+
5 Multiple choice questions
- norepinephrine: awakening, dreaming
dopamine: emotional, addiction, pleasure
- detect internal and external changes
- histamine: wakefulness, appetite control, learning
serotonin: sensory perception, mood, appetite, sleep
- Na+(sodium) and K+(potassium)
5 True/False questions
Conduction that occurs in myelinated axons → electrochemical gradient
What is white matter primarily composed of? → unidirectional from the cell body toward the axon terminals
Propagates nerve impulses toward another neuron, muscle or gland → neurotransmitters, hormones, and particular ions
Explain the two subdivisions of the nervous system. → CNS: brain and spinal cord
PNS: all nervous tissue outside CNS
Explain the integrative function → processes sensory input by integrating and using perception