5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A multi-layered protein and lipid covering that insulates neurons
- The ability to respond to a stimulus and convert it into an action potential
- How do astrocytes help maintain an appropriate chemical environment for the generation of nerve impulses?
- Explain the integrative function
- A neurotransmitter that depolarizes the postsynaptic membrane is?
- a processes sensory input by integrating and using perception
- b excitatory: brings membrane closer to threshold
- c Regulate concentration of K+, take up excess neurotransmitters, and serve as a nutrient conduit
- d electrical excitability
- e myelin sheath
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ionotropic receptor
- action potential "nerve impulse"
5 True/False Questions
The membrane's permeability to K+ is much higher than? → its permeability to Na+
Period of time when neuron cannot generate another action potential in response to normal threshold stimulus → away from CNS to effectors in the PNS
What are the three functions of the nervous system? → brain, cranial nerves, spinal cord, and spinal nerves
Ions move through plasma membrane along? → long distances
What two types of neuroglia produce myelin sheaths? → astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, microglia, and ependymal cells