5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An individual nerve fiber is surrounded by?
- What happens when the action potential repolarizes?
- When an action potential occurs completely or not at all
- The conscious awareness of sensory stimuli
- Neurons have what three parts?
- a endoneurium
- b perception
- c cell body, dendrites, and an axon
- d Na+ gates close
K+ flows out of the cell
- e all-or-none principle
5 Multiple choice questions
- neurotransmitters, hormones, and particular ions
- ligand-gated channels
- excitatory: brings membrane closer to threshold
- neurons and neuroglia
5 True/False questions
A sequence of rapidly occurring events that decrease and reverse the membrane potential and then eventually restore it to its resting state → action potenital
An action potential begins and travels due to the movement of what ions? → Na+(sodium) and K+(potassium)
What is known as the body's natural pain killers? → opioid peptides
Graded potentials communicate over? → short distances
During this phase the membrane potential is restored to the resting state → repolarization