5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the function of neuroglia cells?
- At a synapse between neurons, the neuron receiving the message is?
- Where are purkinje cells found? Pyramidal?
- An electrical signal that propagates along the surface of the membrane of a neuron
- Conduction that occurs in unmyelinated axons and muscles
- a postsynaptic neuron
- b action potential "nerve impulse"
- c to support, nourish and protect neurons as well as maintain homeostasis of interstitial fluid
- d purkinje: cerebellum
pyramidal: cerebral cortex
- e continuous conduction
5 Multiple choice questions
- convey info from somatic and special sense receptors
conduct impulses to skeletal muscle only
uptake by cells
- faster communication and synchronization
5 True/False questions
Motor neurons are also known as? → efferent
Explain the integrative function → processes sensory input by integrating and using perception
Period of time when neuron cannot generate another action potential in response to normal threshold stimulus → the action potential is carried into the CNS
A neurotransmitter that cause hyperpolarization of the postsynaptic membrane is? → inhibitory: membrane more negative, even farther from threshold than in its resting state
What does gray matter consist of? → muscles and glands