5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- At a synapse between neurons, the neuron receiving the message is?
- The birth of new neurons from undifferentiated stem cells
- What does gray matter consist of?
- How are neurons classified?
- During this phase the membrane potential is restored to the resting state
- a the direction in which the nerve impulse is conveyed
- b cell bodies, dendrites, unmyelinated axons, axon terminals, and neuroglia
- c postsynaptic neuron
- d neurogenesis
- e repolarization
5 Multiple choice questions
- presynaptic neuron
- astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, microglia, and ependymal cells
- acetylcholine, amino acids, biogenic amines, ATP and other purines, and nitric oxide
- schwann cells in PNS
oligodendrocytes in CNS
5 True/False questions
The ability to respond to a stimulus and convert it into an action potential → electrical excitability
A group of fascicles is surrounded by? → epineurium
These neurons act as sensory receptors that detect touch, pressure, pain and temperature → mechanically-gated channels
Sensory neurons are also known as? → afferent
A type of neurotransmitter receptor that contains a neurotransmitter binding site, but lacks an ion channel as part of its structure → ionotropic receptor