← Cultural Variation Test
3 Written Questions
3 Multiple Choice Questions
- Replicated original strange situation on 60 middle class Japanese babies.
- Wanted to compare findings and use of strange situation in other cultures and tested in a total of 8 countries with over 2000 children and wanted to see the general trends.
- - Germany had higher % of anxious avoidant may be due to children being taught to be more independent, so don't show much of an attachment but do have one.
- UK has less resistant and more secure however only one study was done.
- Japan had lots of secure but a lot of resistant.
- USA had a lot of studies: culturally diverse.
2 True/False Questions
Why was the strange situation tested around the world? → Researchers wanted to see if it was still effective and could be used in different cultures because on other countries the parenting is different.
What is a weakness of Takahashi's study? → Stuck to all controls so good comparison.
Middle class - age range.