5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Share Our Wealth
- Butler Act
- Joseph Kennedy
- National Socialism
- a Nazi party; national expansion, state control of the economy, the totalitarian principle of government, and anti-Semitism.
- b Huey Long's proposal that the government should provide every American with a house, a car, and $2500/year. Americans making over $1 million/year should be taxed 100%.
- c American ambassador to Britain, but has a lot of contact with Hitler. He notices that Hitler is getting things done. Says that all the rumors of extremism are to get the country back on track and Hitler will slow down once the country recovers, agrees to appeasement.
- d State law that prohibited teaching of evolution on any level in any school in TN.
- e Device invented by Edison that gave an impression of movement as an endless loop of film moved continuously over a light source with a rapid shutter. Beginning of motion picture age. Eventually known as Nickelodeons.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This Nazi propaganda film was created in 1936 by Leni Riefenstahl to show the might of the Nazi party at a rally in Nuremberg.
- Leader of the KKK; Dentist, charismatic, took advantage of fears, patriotism, and God.
- Area given to France after WWI; Hitler's argument is that people there speak German so Germany should own this land; No one stopped him from taking this land, not a shot was fired.
- American novelist who attacked American society with irony- First American to win a Nobel Prize for Literature. Wrote "Mainstreet" which was about the ugliness of life in a small town.
- Became president when Harding died because he was the VP. Didn't do much and the people liked that. Doesn't want to be president anymore because he is too tired.
5 True/False Questions
Bourgeoisie → the middle class, including merchants, industrialists, and professional people
Al Smith → Was one of the possible Democratic candidates for presidency for the election of 1932, however wasn't elected because people thought he was anti-Catholic and did not have enough experience to handle the Depression.
Billy Mitchell → Democratic candidate for the 1928 election against Herbert Hoover; "Tea Totaler" (someone who doesn't drink/opposes alcohol), Radio reports that he hates Catholics and this causes him to lose the election.
Panay → First commercial broadcasting station in Pittsburgh, very successful.
Stock Market Crash → Huey Long's proposal that the government should provide every American with a house, a car, and $2500/year. Americans making over $1 million/year should be taxed 100%.