← APES CHAPTER 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Indicator Species
- symbiotic relationship
- Fundamental Niche
- a two kinds of organisms live together in an intimate association. Members of the participating species may be harmed by, benefit from, or be unaffected by the interaction.
- b set of conditions under which a species might exist in the absence of interaction with other species
- c Maintenance of favorable internal conditions in a system despite fluctuations in external conditions.
- d -serve as early warnings of danger to ecosystems
-First effected by negative danges
- e An interaction between organisms of different species in which one type of organism benefits and the other type is neither helped nor harmed to any great degree.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mostly trees that can tolerate shade and form a fairly stable complex forest community.
- Plant that can live for more than 2 years.
- Ability of a living system, such as a population, to maintain a certain size.
- Breakup of a habitat into smaller pieces, usually from human activities.
- -sensory adaptions
-prey detection adaptations
-distinguish prey from non prey
Prey capture: passive, or individual vs herd
Eating: Teeth and Claws
5 True/False Questions
herbivore → -Herbivore try to find the most nutritious foods and therefore circumvent plant defenses, puts selective pressures on plants, for structural and chemical defenses
Species Eveness → -relative abundance
-Distance from mainland
Realized Niche → Ability of a living system to restore itself to original condition after being exposed to an outside disturbance that is not too drastic
epiphyte → Plant that uses its roots to attach itself to branches high in trees, especially in tropical forests.
resilience → How long a pollutant stays in the air, water, soil,