5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- strongyloides westeri
- quest plus, eqvalan gold
- parascaris equorum
- gastrophilus species
- a adults release proglottids in small or large intestine. Ova are passed in the feces and ingested by a free living mite. host ingests mite.
- b often see no clinical signs. Young foals show more signs; acute diarrhea, coughing. Skin lesions are very rare.
- c large roundworm of horses.
- d treat tapeworms with these 2 products.
- e bots.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a parasite which invades the spinal cord and causes a disease called equine protozoal myeloencephalitis.
- equine threadworm.
- mainly a winter problem. can survive 2-3 days off of the host. Lay nits on hair shaft. They are host specific and transmitted by direct contact.
- cause irritation which leads to rubbing and scratching and hair loss. Sucking lice can lead to anemia generally in young foals.
- adults can cause non specific enteritis. Can cause myositis, fever and myocarditis and possible death if untreated. Proper cooking of meat eliminates the risk of infection.
5 True/False Questions
oxyuris equi → equine pinworm.
ascaris suum → large roundworm of horses.
onchocerca cervicalis → adults can cause non specific enteritis. Can cause myositis, fever and myocarditis and possible death if untreated. Proper cooking of meat eliminates the risk of infection.
bots → causes CNS signs such as ataxia, weakness, stumbling, etc. Has a complex poorly understood life cycle.
oxyuris equi → affects all ages. May cause anal pruritis, rubbing bum, broken tail hairs, rat tail.