5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Food Irradiation
- Allostatic Load
- Total Fiber
- a The treatment of foods with gamma rays, x-rays, or high-voltage electrons to kill potentially harmful pathogens and increase shelf life.
- b The total amount of dietary fiber and functional fiber in the diet.
- c A deficiency in the oxygen-carrying material in the red blood cells.
- d The long term negative impact of the stress response on the body.
- e Stress resulting from an unpleasant stressor.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A steroid hormone secreted by the cortex (outer layer) of the adrenal gland; also called hydrocortisone
- An eating disorder characterized by binge eating and a lack of control over eating behavior in general.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids commonly found in fish oils that are beneficial to cardiovascular health.
- A lipoprotein containing a moderate amount of protein and a large amount of cholesterol; "bad" cholesterol. LDL
- Stress resulting from a pleasant stressor.
5 True/False questions
Hydrogenation → A process by which hydrogens are added to usat
Glycemic Index → An animal starch stored in the liver and muscles.
Lacto-Vegetarian → A vegetarian who includes milk and cheese products in the diet.
Angina Pectoris → A condition in which the heart muscle does not receive enough blood, causing severe pain in the chest and often in the arm and shoulder.
Protein → An essential nutrient; a compound made of amino acids that contains carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen.