5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Total Fiber
- Amino Acids
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- a General principles of good nutrition intended to help prevent certain diet-related diseases.
- b The total amount of dietary fiber and functional fiber in the diet.
- c A form of CDV in which the inner layers of artery walls are made thick and irregular by plaque deposits; arteries become narrowed, and blood supply is reduced.
- d A neurotransmitter released by the sympathetic nervous system onto specific tissues to increase their function in the face of increased activity activity; when released by the brain, causes arousal.
- e The building blocks of proteins.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The sum of behavioral, cognitive, and emotional tendencies.
- A collective term for various diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- An impeded blood supply to some part of the brain resulting in the destruction of brain cells
- Fiber that does not dissolve in water and is not broken by bacteria in the large intestine.
- A physiological state characterized by a feeling of warmth and quiet mental alertness.
5 True/False Questions
Bulimia → An eating disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of binge eating and then purging to prevent weight gain.
Sudden Cardiac Death → A nontraumatic, unexpected death from sudden cardiac arrest, most often due to arrhythmia; in most instances, victims have underlying heart disease.
Partial Vegetarian → A vegetarian who eats no meat, poultry, or fish, but does eat eggs and milk products.
Dysmorphia → Unrealistic Self Image.
Anemia → Inorganic compounds needed in small amounts for the regulation, growth, and maintenance of body tissues and functions.