5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
- Automatic Nervous System
- a A lipoprotein containing a moderate amount of protein and a large amount of cholesterol; "bad" cholesterol. LDL
- b Stress resulting from a pleasant stressor.
- c The branch of the nervous system that controls basic body processes, consists of the sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions.
- d A food-group that provides practical advice to ensure a balanced intake of the essential nutrients.
- e A designation applied to foods grown and produced according to strict guidelines limiting the use of pesticides, nonorganic ingredients, hormones, antibiotics, genetic engineering, irradiation, and other practices.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A naturally occurring substance found in plant foods that may help prevent and treat chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. (phyto = plant)
- A measure of how the ingestion of a particular food affects blood glucose levels.
- The process of breaking down foods in the gastrointestinal tract into compounds the body can absorb.
- Damage to, or death of, heart muscle, resulting from a failure of the coronary arteries to deliver enough blood to the heart
- An essential nutrient required by the body in minute amount.
5 True/False questions
Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian → A vegetarian who includes eggs, dairy products, and small amounts of poultry and seafood in the diet.
Arrhythmia → A deficiency in the oxygen-carrying material in the red blood cells.
Congestive Heart Failure → Non digestible carbohydrates and lignin that are intact in plants.
Free Radical → Unrealistic Self Image.
Dysmorphia → Unrealistic Self Image.