5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cruciferous Vegetables
- a Vegetables of the cabbage family, including cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, and cauliflower; the flower petals of these plants form the shape of a cross, hence the name.
- b Any physical or psychological event or condition that produces physical and emotional reactions.
- c A process by which hydrogens are added to usat
- d An impeded blood supply to some part of the brain resulting in the destruction of brain cells
- e Organic (carbon-containing) substances needed in small amounts to help promote and regulate chemical reactions and processes in the body.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The collective physiological and emotional responses to any stimulus that disturbs an individual's homeostasis.
- A type of unsaturated fatty acid produced during the process of hydrogenation; trans fats have an atypical shape that affects their chemical activity.
- The energy required (in calories) to maintain vital body functions, including respiration, heart rate, body temperature, and blood pressure, while the body is at rest.
- A vegetarian who eats no animal products at all.
- A steroid hormone secreted by the cortex (outer layer) of the adrenal gland; also called hydrocortisone
5 True/False questions
General Adaptation Syndrome → A physiological state characterized by a feeling of warmth and quiet mental alertness.
Allostatic Load → A measure of energy content in food
Essential Nutrients → An essential nutrient required by the body in minute amount.
Eustress → Stress resulting from a pleasant stressor.
Relaxation Response → The physical and emotional reactions to a stressor.