5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Relaxation Response
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Glycemic Index
- a A measure of how the ingestion of a particular food affects blood glucose levels.
- b The use of vomiting, laxatives,excessive exercise, restrictive dieting, enemas, diuretics, or diet pills to compensate for food that has been eaten and that the person fears will produce weight gain.
- c Polyunsaturated fatty acids commonly found in fish oils that are beneficial to cardiovascular health.
- d A physiological state characterized by a feeling of warmth and quiet mental alertness.
- e Protein-and-lipid substances in the blood that carry fats and cholesterol; classified according to size, density and chemical composition
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The long term negative impact of the stress response on the body.
- Brain secretions that have pain-inhibiting effects.
- Non digestible carbohydrates either isolated from natural sources or synthesized; these may be added to foods and dietary supplements.
- A form of CDV in which the inner layers of artery walls are made thick and irregular by plaque deposits; arteries become narrowed, and blood supply is reduced.
- The collective physiological and emotional responses to any stimulus that disturbs an individual's homeostasis.
5 True/False Questions
Soluble (Viscous) Fiber → Non digestible carbohydrates either isolated from natural sources or synthesized; these may be added to foods and dietary supplements.
Vegan → A vegetarian who eats no animal products at all.
Trans Fat → The collective physiological and emotional responses to any stimulus that disturbs an individual's homeostasis.
Daily Values → The building blocks of proteins.
Angina Pectoris → A condition in which the heart muscle does not receive enough blood, causing severe pain in the chest and often in the arm and shoulder.