5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Soluble (Viscous) Fiber
- Cruciferous Vegetables
- a A condition in which the bones become thin and brittle and break easily.
- b Sustained abnormally high blood pressure
- c A form of CDV in which the inner layers of artery walls are made thick and irregular by plaque deposits; arteries become narrowed, and blood supply is reduced.
- d Fiber that dissolves in water and is not broken down by bacteria in the large intestine.
- e Vegetables of the cabbage family, including cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, and cauliflower; the flower petals of these plants form the shape of a cross, hence the name.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An animal starch stored in the liver and muscles.
- The study of the interactions among the nervous, endocrine, and immune systems.
- A steroid hormone secreted by the cortex (outer layer) of the adrenal gland; also called hydrocortisone
- A food-group that provides practical advice to ensure a balanced intake of the essential nutrients.
- The collective physiological and emotional responses to any stimulus that disturbs an individual's homeostasis.
5 True/False Questions
Legumes → Vegetables such as peas and beans that are high in fiber and are also important sources of proteins.
Carbohydrate → A change in the normal pattern of the heart beat.
Dysmorphia → An eating disorder characterized by a refusal to maintain body weight at a minimally healthy level and an intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat; self starvation.
Stress Response → Any physical or psychological event or condition that produces physical and emotional reactions.
Minerals → Stress resulting from an unpleasant stressor.