5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daily Values
- Relaxation Response
- Cardiovascular Disease
- a A physiological state characterized by a feeling of warmth and quiet mental alertness.
- b A collective term for various diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- c A vegetarian who eats no meat, poultry, or fish, but does eat eggs and milk products.
- d A simplified version of the RDAs used on food labels; also included are values for nutrients with no established RDA.
- e Any physical or psychological event or condition that produces physical and emotional reactions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An eating disorder characterized by binge eating and a lack of control over eating behavior in general.
- A mood disorder characterized by loss of interest, sadness, hopelessness, loss of appetite, disturbed sleep, and other physical symptoms.
- A neurotransmitter released by the sympathetic nervous system onto specific tissues to increase their function in the face of increased activity activity; when released by the brain, causes arousal.
- A form of CDV in which the inner layers of artery walls are made thick and irregular by plaque deposits; arteries become narrowed, and blood supply is reduced.
- The building blocks of proteins.
5 True/False questions
Fight-or-Flight Reactions → A defense reaction that prepares a person for conflict or escape by triggering hormonal, cardiovascular, metabolic, and other changes.
Arrhythmia → A change in the normal pattern of the heart beat.
Epinephrine → A hormone secreted by the medulla (inner core) of the adrenal gland that affects the functioning organs involved in responding to a stressor; also called a adrenaline
Eustress → Stress resulting from a pleasant stressor.
Cholesterol → A steroid hormone secreted by the cortex (outer layer) of the adrenal gland; also called hydrocortisone