← chapter 9 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a holder or owner of stock in a corporation.
- b the act of producing; creation; manufacture.
- c to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right: He demanded payment of the debt.
- d pecuniary gain resulting from the employment of capital in any transaction. Compare gross profit, net profit.
- e the position or function of a leader, a person who guides or directs a group: He managed to maintain his leadership of the party despite heavy opposition. Synonyms: administration, management, directorship, control, governorship, stewardship, hegemony.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cost or charge: the expense of a good meal.
- the act or process of organizing.
- the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- the income of a government from taxation, excise duties, customs, or other sources, appropriated to the payment of the public expenses.
- the hazard or chance of loss.
5 True/False Questions
innovations → an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
capital → the city or town that is the official seat of government in a country, state, etc.: Tokyo is the capital of Japan.
reward → a sum of money offered for the detection or capture of a criminal, the recovery of lost or stolen property, etc.
consume → the monetary payment received for goods or services, or from other sources, as rents or investments.
corporations → an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.