5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Passive Solar Energy Systems
- Active Solar Energy Systems
- a Maintenance of a resource in it present condition, with little or no human interaction.
- b Energy that collects energy through the use of mechanical devices like photovotaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- c The joining two nuclei of two hydrogen atoms to form helium.
- d Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
- e The number of species in a specific habitat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
- Power generated by moving water.
- Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide being trapped in the Earth's atmosphere.
- Particles from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people and must therefore be safely stored for thousands of years.
- Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
5 True/False questions
Photovoltaic Cell → Atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from cars.
Nonrenewable Energy → Source of energy that is finite and capable of being exhausted.
Pollution → Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.
Potential Reserve → The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits.
Sustainable Development → Can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to keep up.