5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sanitary Landfill
- Air Pollution
- Potential Reserve
- Inanimate Power
- Animate Power
- a Place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage everyday to reduce emissions, minimize fires, and discourage vermin.
- b Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.
- c Power supplied by people or animals.
- d Amount of energy in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist.
- e Power supplied by machines.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Power generated by moving water.
- Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to precipitation.
- Can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to keep up.
- The joining two nuclei of two hydrogen atoms to form helium.
- The number of species in a specific habitat.
5 True/False Questions
Passive Solar Energy Systems → Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
Biomass Fuel → Energy source formed from residue of plants and animals buried millions of years ago.
Active Solar Energy Systems → Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
Recycling → Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
Geothermal Energy → Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.