5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Air Pollution
- Radioactive Waste
- Sanitary Landfill
- a Particles from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people and must therefore be safely stored for thousands of years.
- b Sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced.
- c Place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage everyday to reduce emissions, minimize fires, and discourage vermin.
- d Gas used as a propellant in aerosols, solvent, a refrigerant, etc.
- e Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Source of energy that is finite and capable of being exhausted.
- Can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to keep up.
- Atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from cars.
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
5 True/False questions
Active Solar Energy Systems → Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
Animate Power → Power supplied by machines.
Acid Deposition → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
Biochemical Oxygen Demand → Oxygen needed to allow aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste.
Photovoltaic Cell → Mechanism that collects solar rays to generate electricity.