5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Acid Precipitation
- Air Pollution
- Breeder Reactor
- a The separation, collection, and processing of unwanted material.
- b Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.
- c Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to precipitation.
- d Nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium.
- e Metals that are utilized in the production of iron and steel.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Power supplied by machines.
- Maintenance of a resource in it present condition, with little or no human interaction.
- Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
- Energy source that derives from plant material and animal waste.
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
5 True/False Questions
Chlorofluorocarbon → Gas used as a propellant in aerosols, solvent, a refrigerant, etc.
Hydroelectric Power → Power supplied by machines.
Biochemical Oxygen Demand → Atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from cars.
Resource → Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
Conservation → Sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced.