5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Inanimate Power
- Proven Reserve
- Green House Effect
- a Power supplied by machines.
- b The number of species in a specific habitat.
- c Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide being trapped in the Earth's atmosphere.
- d The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits.
- e Maintenance of a resource in it present condition, with little or no human interaction.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Metals that are utilized in the production of iron and steel.
- Resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- Power generated by moving water.
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
5 True/False Questions
Photovoltaic Cell → Mechanism that collects solar rays to generate electricity.
Acid Deposition → Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.
Active Solar Energy Systems → Energy that collects energy through the use of mechanical devices like photovotaic cells or flat-plate collectors
Breeder Reactor → Nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium.
Acid Precipitation → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.