Set: WT 3 Grammar Sentences

Familiarize

Learn

Test

Play Scatter

Play Space Race

Combine with other sets Login to add to Favorites
Print: Term List | Flashcards Editing not allowed
Export Deleting not allowed

Share these flash cards

With groups: None
HTML link to set: Tiny link:
Share on Facebook Share on MySpace

All 68 terms

TermDefinition
近是近,可是路堵得厉害。It is closer, yes, but the road is terribly jammed,
这几天热得厉害。It has been terribly hot these last few days.
他病得很厉害。我们去看看他吧。He is seriously ill. Let's go see him.
这条路堵得这么厉害,我们走另外一条路吧。This road is so backed up; let's take another road.
一堵就是一小时。The second traffic stops, it's stopped for an hour.
他很喜欢看书,一看就是好几个钟头。She enjoys reading. Once she starts, she will read for hours.
国际长途电话虽然很贵,可是他一打就是十分钟。Although international long distance calls are very expensive, once he makes a call it will last for several tens of minutes.
在车上,什么都不能做。You cannot do anything in a car.
这个的时候哪条路都会堵车。At this time of day, all of these roads are congested.
谁都知道星期五要考试,你怎么会以为是星期四呢?Everyone knows taht the test is on Friday. How could you think it was Thursday?
昨天我不舒服,什么都没吃。I didn't feel well yesterday, so I didn't eat anything.
我怎么说,他也不信。No matter how I said it, he wouldn't believe me.
今天连二环都堵车。There were traffic jams even on the Second Ring Road.
连外国人都知道北京是中国的首都。你怎么不知道呢?Even foreigners know that Beijing is China's capital. How come you do not know that?
他刚到中国来的时候,连一包中国话都不会说。When she first came to China, she couldn't speak even one word of Chinese.
他不但会开车,连飞机都和会开。He can not only drive a car, he can even fly a plane.
你连老师的话都不信吗?Don't you even believe what your teacher said?
也许坐车还不如自行车快呢!Going by car is probably not even as fast as riding a bicycle.
我不如她。I am not as good as she is.
我的中文不如她的那么好。My Chinese is not as good as his.
他的字很难看,还不如一个小孩写得呢!His handwriting is very poor, even worse than that of a child.
交通堵塞一天比一天严重。The traffic jams get more serious by the day.
北京的私人汽车一天比一天多。In Beijing, the number of private cars is increasing every day.
他们两个人的关系一天比一天坏。Relations between those two get worse by the day.
像今天这样堵,我宁可走路。When it is congested like today, I would rather walk.
我很喜欢跟像她这样的人交朋友。I would very much like to make friends with a person like her.
像北京这样的达成,道路的发展特别重要。In a metropolis like Beijing, developing roads is especially important.
像你这样常常迟到的人,得住得离学校近点儿。A person like you who is always late has to to live closer to school.
虽然她要帮我的忙,可是我宁可自己做。Even though she wants to help me, I'd rather do it myself.
天气这么坏,我宁可在家里看书。The weather is so bade that I'd rather be home reading.
我宁可住小一点的屋子,也不愿意没有空调。I'd rather live in a smaller room than have no air conditioning.
我宁可多花一点儿钱坐出租汽车,也不要迟到。I'd rather spend al ittle more money to take a taxi than be late.
麻烦你在这张支票上签个字。Please sign your name on the check.
护照丢了,这可麻烦了。What a nuisance. I've lost my passport.
对不起,麻烦你了。I am sorry to trouble you.
换钱一点儿也不麻烦,十分钟就能办完。It is really easy to change money. You will be done in ten minutes.
您刚才不是在我后头马?Were you behind me just now?
他刚才还在这儿,现在不知道到哪儿去了。He was here a moment ago. I wonder where he is now.
我刚才买了几张风景明信片,想寄给美国的朋友。I just bought a few picture postcards which I think I will send to to a friend in the States.
您还是排队吧!You had better line up!
走成里虽然近点儿,可是常堵车,我们还是走耳环把!The route downtown is shorter, but there are often traffic jams there. We'd better take the Second Ring Road.
天冷了,你还是多穿点儿吧!It's getting cold. You should put on more clothes.
这幅画我们重新整理过。We have tidied up this painting again.
热墨Please explain it again.
他又重新写了一次,可是还是不太好看。He wrote it a second time, but it still didn't look good.
这个办法不好,你最好再重新想一个办法。This solution is not good. You'd better think of some other way.
我知道这是古老,到底多少钱?I know that this is an ancient painting. How much does it really cost?
他还没告诉我到底需要多少钱。He has not told me yet exactly how much money he will need.
我们对外国朋友总是特别客气。We are always especially polite to foreign friends.
学校对外国学生太好了!宿舍里不但有空调,还有彩电和电话呢!The school treats foreign student too well. The dorms not only have air conditioning, but also a color TV and a telephone.
这家银行的职员对人不太客气。The clerks in this bank are not very kind to others.
他对你怎么样?How does he treat you?
这幅画要是在别的店里,要三千快。This painting would cost three thousand dollars in another store.
你现在住在中国,要是还坚持原来的生活习惯,就会觉得很不方便。You are now living in China. If you still hold on to your old habits, you will find things very inconvenient.
要是你觉得很不舒服,为什么不请一天假,休息休息呢?If you feel uncomfortable, why don't you ask for one day off to rest?
我是个穷学生,根本买不起一千块钱的画。I am a poor student; I simply cannot afford to buy a painting for one thousand dollars.
我就是要这幅山水画。All I want is this landscape painting.
我就是要你告诉我,我不要听别人说!All I want is you to tell me; I don't want to hear it from anyone else.
我说不行就是不行!你不用再问了!When I say no, it means no. You don't need to ask again!
要是不能便宜点儿,我只好不买了。If you can't make it cheaper, I'll have no choice but not tot buy it.
她病了,只好请一天假,在宿舍里休息。She was sick, so she had no choice but to take the day off and stay in her dorm.
我才花了一百块!I only spent one hundred dollars.
这幅画才卖两百块钱,真便宜!This painting costs only two hundred dollars; it's really cheap!
我才用了半个钟头就功课写完了。I finished my homework in only half an hour.
糟糕!又上当了!Oh no! I've been conned again.
昨天我又到银行去换了五百快美元。I went to the bank again yesterday to exchange 500 American dollars.
明天又是星期天了,你打算做什么呢?Tomorrow is Sunday again. What do you plan to do?
你已经上了他两次当了。下次小心一点儿,别再上当了。You have already been taken in by him twice. You'd better be be careful not to be fooled again,

Set Information

Terms 68
Creator summerfreak
Created March 21, 2009
Groups None
Subjects None
Access Anyone
Edit Creator Only
Log in to report as inappropriate.
Get rid of ads on Quizlet
Pop out

Discuss

No Messages
Last Message: never

You must be logged in to discuss this set.

Top Users

  1. summerfreak - 369 scores

Most Missed Words

  1. 这个办法不好,你最好再重新想一个办法。 This solution is not good. You'd better think of some other way. - 8 misses
  2. 我宁可多花一点儿钱坐出租汽车,也不要迟到。 I'd rather spend al ittle more money to take a taxi than be late. - 7 misses
  3. 你现在住在中国,要是还坚持原来的生活习惯,就会觉得很不方便。 You are now living in China. If you still hold on to your old habits, you will find things very inconvenient. - 6 misses
  4. 他又重新写了一次,可是还是不太好看。 He wrote it a second time, but it still didn't look good. - 6 misses
  5. 昨天我不舒服,什么都没吃。 I didn't feel well yesterday, so I didn't eat anything. - 6 misses
  6. 换钱一点儿也不麻烦,十分钟就能办完。 It is really easy to change money. You will be done in ten minutes. - 6 misses
  7. 明天又是星期天了,你打算做什么呢? Tomorrow is Sunday again. What do you plan to do? - 6 misses