5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Speakers of Austronesian are mostly from what country?
- What is the most widely used Altaic language?
- What is a distinctive characteristic of the Khoisan language?
- Japanese is a separate language family spoken by what % of people?
- Name 5 east and Southeast Asian Language familes other than Chinese.
- a the use of clicking sounds
- b Austronesian, Austro-Asiactic, Tai Kadai, Japanese, Korean
- c Turkish
- d 2%
- e Indonesia
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 30 million
- People's Republic of China as well as several smaller countries in Southeast Asia.
- The chinese languages are based on 420 one-syllable words.
5 True/False Questions
Turkish was once written with? → ideograms
Several thousand spoken languages can be organiezed into... → language branches and language groups.
Why did the Turkish government change how the language was written? → The Turkish government changed from Arabic letters to the Roman alphabet to increase communications with European countries
Arabic is the offical language in how many middle east countries? → Tanzania
The Estonians, Finns and Hungarians speak languages that belong to what langugae family? → Indo-European