"to suffocate" to cause to die or lose consciousness by impairing normal breathing, as by gas; choke; suffocate
an abundant, overflowing supply.
to cease, as from an action; stop or abstain
(of a man or boy) having traits considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
characterized by excessive softness, delicacy, self-indulgence
the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.
vanishing; fading away;
architecture; any decorative band at the top or beneath of an interior wall, a piece of furniture
1. to write
2. to dictate.
plan of travel.
a right to retain possession of another's property pending discharge of a debt
2. the spleen
a brief expression of a general truth, principle, or rule of conduct
recurring subject, theme, idea,
a light saddle horse, esp ridden by women
1. an ancient Greek and Macedonian battle formation of hoplites presenting long spears from behind a wall of overlapping shields
2. any closely ranked unit or mass of people: the police formed a phalanx to protect the embassy
3. a number of people united for a common purpose
1. attractively or gracefully slim; slender
2. urbane or sophisticated
1. third in degree, order, etc
1. keen or incisive
2. vigorous and effectivey
3. distinctly defined
4. archaic , poetic or sharp