5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- African National Congress
- European Union
- Nelson Mandela
- Palestine Liberation Organization
- Indira Gandhi
- a A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
- b A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
- c A political organization created in 1912 to oppose white domination in South Africa. The group protested through marches, boycotts, and strikes
- d A leader in the African National Congress who was imprisoned from 1964 - 1990. He became President of South Africa in 1994, after apartheid ended
- e The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In 1989, demonstrators peacefully assembled to push for greater democracy in China and were attacked by government troops and tanks
- not allied with any side in a conflict
- An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
- Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- The Chinese economic reform program under Deng Xiaoping that emphasized agriculture, industry, science, and defense.
5 True/False Questions
Détente → Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
Yasir Arafat → leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and his goal was the destruction of Israel
Mikhail Gorbachev → was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.
Contras → a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
Deng Xiaoping → The leader of China during the 1980s. He was known for boosting China's economy through the Four Modernizations