← Cold War 70/80's Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nelson Mandela
- Pol Pot
- Islamic Fundamentalists
- Khmer Rouge
- Palestine Liberation Organization
- a Cambodian Communist guerillas that unleashed a reign of terror under Pol Pot
- b Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- c A leader in the African National Congress who was imprisoned from 1964 - 1990. He became President of South Africa in 1994, after apartheid ended
- d A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
- e Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
- was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.
- The revolutionary Islamic fundamentalist leader of Iran who came to power in 1979
- policy of strict racial separation in South Africa; abolished in 1989
- An Anglican Bishop who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his nonviolent opposition to apartheid in South Africa
5 True/False Questions
Lech Walesa → a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
Four Modernizations → The Chinese economic reform program under Deng Xiaoping that emphasized agriculture, industry, science, and defense.
Hamas → guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
Indira Gandhi → The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
Daniel Ortega → leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and his goal was the destruction of Israel