5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four Modernizations
- Nelson Mandela
- African National Congress
- Pol Pot
- a Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
- b Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
- c A political organization created in 1912 to oppose white domination in South Africa. The group protested through marches, boycotts, and strikes
- d The Chinese economic reform program under Deng Xiaoping that emphasized agriculture, industry, science, and defense.
- e A leader in the African National Congress who was imprisoned from 1964 - 1990. He became President of South Africa in 1994, after apartheid ended
5 Multiple choice questions
- was elected president of South Africa in 1989. He called for an end to apartheid and freed Nelson Mandela in 1990.
- In 1989, demonstrators peacefully assembled to push for greater democracy in China and were attacked by government troops and tanks
- The leader of China during the 1980s. He was known for boosting China's economy through the Four Modernizations
- mass uprising mounted by Palestinians in territory held by Israel
- oil producing countries in the Middle East and other areas that maximize their profits through cooperation and by controlling the world's oil supply
5 True/False questions
Desmond Tutu → An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
European Union → A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini → The revolutionary Islamic fundamentalist leader of Iran who came to power in 1979
Lech Walesa → a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
Mikhail Gorbachev → was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.