5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Deng Xiaoping
- Yasir Arafat
- Lech Walesa
- Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini
- F.W. De Klerk
- a The revolutionary Islamic fundamentalist leader of Iran who came to power in 1979
- b leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and his goal was the destruction of Israel
- c leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
- d The leader of China during the 1980s. He was known for boosting China's economy through the Four Modernizations
- e was elected president of South Africa in 1989. He called for an end to apartheid and freed Nelson Mandela in 1990.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In 1989, demonstrators peacefully assembled to push for greater democracy in China and were attacked by government troops and tanks
- leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua
- Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
- Cambodian Communist guerillas that unleashed a reign of terror under Pol Pot
- guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
5 True/False Questions
European Union → The Chinese economic reform program under Deng Xiaoping that emphasized agriculture, industry, science, and defense.
Détente → guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
Four Modernizations → A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
Desmond Tutu → An Anglican Bishop who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his nonviolent opposition to apartheid in South Africa
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations → A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel