5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pol Pot
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations
- Lech Walesa
- Tiananmen Square Massacre
- a Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
- b leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
- c Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
- d In 1989, demonstrators peacefully assembled to push for greater democracy in China and were attacked by government troops and tanks
- e oil producing countries in the Middle East and other areas that maximize their profits through cooperation and by controlling the world's oil supply
5 Multiple choice questions
- The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
- Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.
- a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
- A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
5 True/False questions
Contras → a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
Desmond Tutu → Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
Intifada → mass uprising mounted by Palestinians in territory held by Israel
Sandinistas → An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
Yasir Arafat → An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland