← Cold War 70/80's Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- European Union
- F.W. De Klerk
- Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini
- a was elected president of South Africa in 1989. He called for an end to apartheid and freed Nelson Mandela in 1990.
- b The revolutionary Islamic fundamentalist leader of Iran who came to power in 1979
- c not allied with any side in a conflict
- d A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
- e a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
- policy of openness instituted by Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in the 1980s
- An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
- Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
- Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
5 True/False Questions
Daniel Ortega → leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua
Intifada → guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
Nelson Mandela → leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations → oil producing countries in the Middle East and other areas that maximize their profits through cooperation and by controlling the world's oil supply
Four Modernizations → The Chinese economic reform program under Deng Xiaoping that emphasized agriculture, industry, science, and defense.