5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- European Union
- Islamic Fundamentalists
- a guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
- b An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
- c Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- d A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
- e not allied with any side in a conflict
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua
- The revolutionary Islamic fundamentalist leader of Iran who came to power in 1979
- was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.
- Cambodian Communist guerillas that unleashed a reign of terror under Pol Pot
- Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
5 True/False Questions
Deng Xiaoping → The leader of China during the 1980s. He was known for boosting China's economy through the Four Modernizations
Palestine Liberation Organization → A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
Nelson Mandela → A leader in the African National Congress who was imprisoned from 1964 - 1990. He became President of South Africa in 1994, after apartheid ended
Apartheid → policy of strict racial separation in South Africa; abolished in 1989
African National Congress → leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua