5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- African National Congress
- Palestine Liberation Organization
- Yasir Arafat
- a A political organization created in 1912 to oppose white domination in South Africa. The group protested through marches, boycotts, and strikes
- b leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and his goal was the destruction of Israel
- c A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
- d restructuring of Soviet government and economy in the 1980s
- e guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
- policy of openness instituted by Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in the 1980s
- Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- An Anglican Bishop who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his nonviolent opposition to apartheid in South Africa
- leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
5 True/False Questions
Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini → The revolutionary Islamic fundamentalist leader of Iran who came to power in 1979
Khmer Rouge → Cambodian Communist guerillas that unleashed a reign of terror under Pol Pot
Nelson Mandela → leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
European Union → A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
Indira Gandhi → The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.