5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Latium Plain
- Tiber River
- Byzantine Empire
- a one of two elected officials of the Roman Republic who commanded the army and were supreme judges
- b a river flowing southward from north-central Italy across the Latium plain, and into the Tyrrhenian Sea
- c mountain range on Italian Peninsula
- d a plain on the west coast of Italy on which city of Rome was built
- e The name by which the eastern half of the Roman empire became known some time after A.D. 400
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A period of peace for the Roman Empire that began with the rule of Augustus in about 27 B.C. and lasted around 200 years.
- a periodic countof all the people living in a country, city, or other region
- Region in southwestern Asia that became the ancient home of the jews; the ancient Roman name for Judea;
- a common farmer,trader,or craftworker in ancient Rome
- a person who is elected by citizens to speak or act for them. See Republic.
5 True/False Questions
patrician → a common farmer,trader,or craftworker in ancient Rome
Nazareth → a simple story that contains a message or truth
Cleopatra → 69-30 B.C. Ruler of Egyptian government in Alexandria who backed Caesar in the civil war he waged from 49 to 45 B.C.
Judea → The land in the eastern Mediterranean region populated by Jews at the time of the Roamn empire
civil war → Series of conflicts between Rome and Carthage in 200B.C.