← Ch5-Rome-Review Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Apostolic succession
- a Elected officials who served primarily as judges.
- b A belief in one god
- c His teachings were reconciled with with Greek philosophy in order to make Christianity more acceptable to the Roman population.
- d This term refers to the idea that Jesus' disciples passed on their authority to their own followers?
- e At this battle, Octavian defeated Marc Antony.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He issued the Edict of Milan, maklng Christianity legal within the Roman Empire.
- March 15th, J.Caesar was murdered on this date.
- As a result of this civil war, the Senate granted citizenship to Rome's Italian allies.
- Rome's greatest authority on medicine
- In 27 b.c., the Senate gave this man the title of Augustus.
5 True/False Questions
Nobilitas → Jewish scholars who interpreted the Scriptures and were learned in religious law.
Jesus → This man transformed Christianity into a universal religion.
Gracchi → These brothers were killed by mobs incited by the Senate because they wanted to redistribute land to the poor.
Virgil → This man was defeated by the Romans and the Visigoths in a great battle at Chalons
Augustan Age → This emperor restored order to the empire and revitalized the city of Rome