← Chapter 23 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- name given to Eurasian grasslands that extend from eastern Europe to western Siberia and China.
- Type of tree where the leaves shed during a certain season.
- Name the 2 types of evergreen leaves
- Temperate S. American grassland, dominated by bunchgrasses; much of the moister pampas are under cultivation.
- a narrow belt dominated by bluestem that once ran north and south adjacent to the deciduous forest of eastern N. america; presence maintained by fire; largely destroyed by cultivation.
4 True/False Questions
velds → name given to Eurasian grasslands that extend from eastern Europe to western Siberia and China.
mixedgrass prairie → westernmost grasslands of the great plains; characterized by infrequent rainfall, low humidity, and high winds; dominated by shallow-rooted, sod-forming grasses
annual grassland → grassland of hot, dry climates, with rainfall varying btwn 200 and 500 mm, dominated by bunchgrasses and widely interspersed w/ other vegetation.
biomes → ___ are biotic units and are classified by predominant plant types.--Developed by E.E. Clements and V.E. Shelford.