← ss content 8.6.1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Northeast region had many rivers and streams that would...
- People from rural areas and foreign countries...
- With news traveling rapidly...
- The logging industry expanded and flourished as...
- Clipper ships would help...
- a ...supply a reliable supply of water power for mills, and it was here that industries first developed.
- b ...businesses in different parts of the country would exchange information.
- c ...American merchants win a large share of teh world's sea trade.
- d ...trees were cut to supply wood for houses and furniture, for paper, to clear land for farming, and for fuel.
- e ...flocked to cities to work in the factories.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ...use steam power in their factories.
- ...buisnesses began to grow.
- ...the work of five people using hand tools
- ...water power do they had to be built near swift rivers.
- ...soared to meet the growing demand for steel and it began to replace wood as a fuel source.
5 True/False Questions
Coal mining... changed the landscape, it left deep gashes in the earth. → ...changed the landscape, it left deep gashes in the earth.
Logging... → ...allowed news to travel rapidly
New ways of transportation such as... → ...the reaper and the steel plow allowed Midwestern farmers to plant and harvest huge crop fields.
Telegraphs... → ...allowed news to travel rapidly
Cities became... → ...invented the telegraph in the 1840's