← RAD 110 Chapter 25 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what are 3 subsystems of a CR reader
- how is ghosting due to residual latent image reduced
- what is the purpose of the buffer
- a A broad spectrum of wavelengths of light
- b Mechanical drive system, optical beam shaping and collecting systems, and computer control system
- c An image buffer is a temporary repository or storage place, usually a hard disk.
- d By an additional erasing in the computed radiography reader
- e A silicon solid state device sensitive to light. Converts light into an electrical signal.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The small size of the crystals causing them to scatter incident light.
- Stimulating light is orange/red. Emitted light is blue/green.
- The computed radiography imaging plate should be handled with same care given to a screen-film cassette.
- Electrons raised to an excited state by x-ray exposure return to the ground state with an immediate emission of light. There is no latent image with these electrons.
- Electrons are energized by x-ray interaction into excited metastable states. They remain in this excited state until released by exposure to laser light
5 True/False Questions
how is the latent image made visible in the CR image → Electrons are energized by x-ray interaction into excited metastable states. They remain in this excited state until released by exposure to laser light
turbid → The white appearance of phosphor particles because of their small size.
work load step that is emitted when one is converting from screen film to CR → The necessary reloading of the cassette
what is the purpose of europium in PSP → An image buffer is a temporary repository or storage place, usually a hard disk.
what is the difference between analog and digital signal → Sampling describes how rapidly an analog signal is interrogated. Once sampled, the amplitude of that signal is given a discrete value, or quantized.