← Minerals Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Crystal Systems
- what size crystals form when magma cools slowly?
- Naturally Occurring, Inorganic, Solid, Crystal Structure, Definite Chemical Composition
- a large crystals, like the amethyst crystals in a geode;if they remain undisturbed while cooling, they grow by adding atoms according to a regular pattern
- b How would you write quartzes in its crystalline form?
- c Crystals for each mineral grow atom by atom to form a unique crystal structure.
- d Name the five characteristics a substance must have to be considered a mineral.
- e not as hard as gemstones; ex aluminum, iron, copper, silver
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to describe how light is reflected from a minerals surface.
- All minerals have a definite chemical composition. Give an example and its compound.
- This ranks ten minerals (1-10) from softest to hardest. A mineral can scratch any mineral softer then itself.
- in veins from hot water solutions
- A naturally occurring, inorganic solid that has a crystal structure and a definite chemical composition.
5 True/False Questions
ore → a rock contains a metal or other useful mineral that can be mined and sold
shaft mines → scraping away soil
Crystal → a solid in which the atoms are arranged in a repeating pattern.
Color → This is an easily observed physical property of a mineral.
How do Tourmaline crystals form → in veins from hot water solutions