1. What were the subjects of Hamilton's three reports to Congress?
Debt - assume it and fund it, Bank - make one, Manufactures (things). Promote by: Protective tariff, internal improvements, bounties.
2. What were two parts of his recommendation in the third report?
Protective Tariff and internal improvements.
3. What were three parts of the American System?
The American system promoted a national bank, a protective tariff, and the internal improvements.
4. What were five parts of the Compromise of 1850?
California admitted as free state, UT and NM formed as territories with slavery decided by popular sovereignty, Texas border settled, Slave trade removed in DC, Fugitive Slave law.
5. What were three parts of the decision in Dred Scott v. Sanford?
Declared no blacks were citizens, the ordinance of 1787 could not confer either freedom or citizenship within the Northwest Territory to non-white individuals, and Voided Missouri compromise.
6. Who were the four candidates and their parties in the 1860 election?
Lincoln - Republican, Stephen Douglas - Democratic, Breckinridge - Southern Democrat, Bell - Constitutional Union.
7. What were five acts passed by Congress during the Civil War?
Tariff, the Pacific Railroad act, the Homestead Act, National Banking acts, Land Grant College Act.
8. What were five names for the final stage of reconstruction after the Civil War?
Congressional Reconstruction, Radical reconstruction, Military Reconstruction, Bayonet Rule, Carpetbag rule.
9. What two actions by southern states precipitated this stage?
The states' creation of the Black codes and the return of confederates to Congress prompted radical reconstruction.
10. What were three reasons for the rise of Jim Crow?
Fading of the Radicals, fading of the redeemers, turning of attention to imperialism.