← Odysseus test Test
6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- breaking down subject matter into specific topics and concepts it includes.
- representing or constituting an original type after which other similar things are patterned
Ex: Calypso represents womens fondness of nature
- repetition of vowel sounds in words
"we felt the pressure on our hearts, in dread"
- repition of constant sounds at the beginning of words
- naming someone in a way that helps you memorize them, characterize a person/thing
Ex:"My quiet Penelope"
5 True/False Questions
epic setting → an extended simile
dramatic irony → when the reader knows something the character doesn't
Ex: when Eumaeus, Penelope and Telemachus don't know the Beggar is Odysseus when we do
epic hero → larger-than-life, super human, cunning, confident, clever, archetypal figure, known to dismiss warnings
in medias res → when the story starts halfway through the journey
innvocation → repition of constant sounds at the beginning of words