5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sacred space
- Sh'aria law
- RELIGION KEY TERMS
- Feng Shui
- a Enclave is an area belonging to another country but surrounded by one other country / Exclave is a part of one country not attached to the rest of itself
- b literally means "wind water"; Chinese art and science of placement and orientation of tombs, dwellings, buildings, cities. Structures and objects are positioned in a way (often in line with the compass lines) to channel flows of energy in favorable ways. It is not an official religion.
- c ...
- d place or space people infuse with religious meaning
- e is the system of Islamic law (based on interpretation of the Qu'ran)
5 Multiple choice questions
- pilgrimage to Mecca
- The dispersion of people from their original homeland
- This is the belief that humans should be based on facts and not religious beliefs. This is important to HG because this has caused conflicts in a lot of different places including politics.
- Developed by earlier Chinese man Confucius, it's a complex system of moral, social, political, and religious thought. This is important to HG because it has affected Chinese Civilizations tremendously.
- a monotheistic religion originating with the teachings of Muhammad in the Qu'ran, a key religious figure in the 6th c. CE. It is the second largest religion in the world (fastest growing due to birth rates), and has impacted the world greatly, especially boundaries (e.g., North Africa, "Middle East"). Half of the world's 1.1 billion Muslims live in four countries outside the Middle East: Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India. The two major branches are Sunni and Shiah (Shiites believe in the infallibility of imams; are concentrated mostly in Iran and eastern Iraq)
5 True/False questions
Monotheism/polytheism → a term used to describe religious, ideological, and cultural aspects of the various denominations of the Latter Day Saint movement. It is practiced around the world, but is concentrated in Utah.
Fundamentalism → It is the religion of ancient Hebrews, said to be one of the first monotheistic faiths. This is important to HG because many other religions have been based off it.
Jainism → It is the religion of ancient Hebrews, said to be one of the first monotheistic faiths. This is important to HG because many other religions have been based off it.
Taoism → religion founded by Lao-Tsu and based on his book titles "Book of the Way"; focused on proper political rule and on the oneness of humanity and nature.
Theocracy → religion founded by Lao-Tsu and based on his book titles "Book of the Way"; focused on proper political rule and on the oneness of humanity and nature.