5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what is a karyotype?
- What did Gregor Mendel's experiment show?
- Who is Gregor Mendel?
- a - he founded the principle of dominance that states one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed.
- b all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
- c -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
- d organism that contains both dominant and recessive alleles.
- e collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- characteristic that is inherited.
- the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%
- sex linked traits; only affects the male.
- .5 times .5 = .25
- heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
5 True/False Questions
phenotype → collection of all an organisms physical characteristics.
recessive allele → not expressed unless two copies are present in an organisms genotype.
What is the law of probability? → the liklihood of an event occuring is not influenced by the outcome of earlier events.
What does tt stand for? → the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%
How is sex determined? → the difference in the X and Y chromosome leads to a difference in the inheritance of traits located on the sex chromosome.