← Chapter 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What does Tt stand for?
- what is a karyotype?
- Is a trait the same as an allele?
- If a family has 100 girls what is the chance of them having another girl?
- a always a 50% chance for a girl or guy
- b heterozygous or hybrid
- c all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
- d yes
- e all of an organisms genetic material.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- red, white, and platelets.
carry oxygen 45%
- -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
- the first offspring from cross of two varieties in the parental generation
- homozygous recessive and purebred recessive.
5 True/False Questions
what is codomance? → the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%
What are most sex linked traits influenced by? → the x chromosme.
genotype → collection of all an organisms physical characteristics.
what is a poygenic trait? → heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
what is the principle of independent assortment? → -the two genes for each trait separate when the gametes are formed.