5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What does tt stand for?
- What does Tt stand for?
- recessive allele
- a any of the alternate forms of genes that occurs at a specific pole on chromosome.- responsible for alternate traits
- b type of organism whose ancestor are in a genetic uniform.
- c heterozygous or hybrid
- d not expressed unless two copies are present in an organisms genotype.
- e homozygous recessive and purebred recessive.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%
- collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
- -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
- collection of all an organisms physical characteristics.
5 True/False Questions
homozygous → collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
What did Gregor Mendel experiment? → - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
sex-linked trait → a trait that is determined by a gene found on one of the sex chromosomes, such as the X chromosome or the Y chromosome in humans.
what is a karyotype? → all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
test cross → cross between an organism with an unknown genotype and organisms with a recessive phenotype.