5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what is codomance?
- what is incomplete dominance?
- test cross
- what is a karyotype?
- a heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
- b any of the alternate forms of genes that occurs at a specific pole on chromosome.- responsible for alternate traits
- c cross between an organism with an unknown genotype and organisms with a recessive phenotype.
- d -heterozygous individual shows a blend of two traits.
- e all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
5 Multiple choice questions
- - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
- genes for different traits can segregate indefinitly during the formation of gametes.
- .5 times .5 = .25
5 True/False questions
What is the law of probability? → -one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed
-gene expressed as dominant is upper case
-gene expressed lower case is recessive
symbols used to create a pedigree.
2. shaded in square
4. shaded in circle
5. half shaded circle
6. straight line then branches to two kids
7.branches out to to two kids
8. diamod with x through it → 1. male
2. affected male
4. affected woman
5. carrier female
7. identical twins
hybrid → type of organism whose ancestor are in a genetic uniform.
what is considered all cells in blood? → heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
sex-linked trait → a trait that is determined by a gene found on one of the sex chromosomes, such as the X chromosome or the Y chromosome in humans.