5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what does the y chromosome carry? and who does it only affect?
- do sex linked traits show up more in males or females?why?
- what is the principle of independent assortment?
- a males because they only have one chromosme to carry the recessive allele.
- b both alleles expressed
- c organism that contains both dominant and recessive alleles.
- d sex linked traits; only affects the male.
- e genes for different traits can segregate indefinitly during the formation of gametes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- homozygous recessive and purebred recessive.
- all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
5 True/False questions
trait → characteristic that is inherited.
recessive allele → not expressed unless two copies are present in an organisms genotype.
what is codomance? → heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
what does TT stand for? → heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
If a family has 100 girls what is the chance of them having another girl? → always a 50% chance for a girl or guy