5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- symbols used to create a pedigree.
2. shaded in square
4. shaded in circle
5. half shaded circle
6. straight line then branches to two kids
7.branches out to to two kids
8. diamod with x through it
- What does Tt stand for?
- what is a karyotype?
- a heterozygous or hybrid
- b 1. male
2. affected male
4. affected woman
5. carrier female
7. identical twins
- c collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
- d all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
- e characteristic of having tow of the same alleles at the saw locus of sister chromatids.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- -heterozygous individual shows a blend of two traits.
- homozygous recessive and purebred recessive.
- organism that contains both dominant and recessive alleles.
- - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- -trait that is determined by the combinded effect of one or more genes. ex. human skin, hair, height, and eye color.
5 True/False Questions
What is the purpose of a punnent square? → -one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed
-gene expressed as dominant is upper case
-gene expressed lower case is recessive
what is codomance? → the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%
How is sex determined? → -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
What is the probability of a coin landing tail (.5), for two coins to both land on tails → genes for different traits can segregate indefinitly during the formation of gametes.
If a family has 100 girls what is the chance of them having another girl? → to predict the possible outcomes