5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did Gregor Mendel experiment?
- what does the y chromosome carry? and who does it only affect?
- What does Tt stand for?
- If a family has 100 girls what is the chance of them having another girl?
- a heterozygous or hybrid
- b sex linked traits; only affects the male.
- c always a 50% chance for a girl or guy
- d - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- e occupies a specific location on a chromosome and determines a particular characteristic.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to predict the possible outcomes
- all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
- the first offspring from cross of two varieties in the parental generation
- - he founded the principle of dominance that states one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed.
- collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
5 True/False Questions
symbols used to create a pedigree.
2. shaded in square
4. shaded in circle
5. half shaded circle
6. straight line then branches to two kids
7.branches out to to two kids
8. diamod with x through it → 1. male
2. affected male
4. affected woman
5. carrier female
7. identical twins
pedigree → a diagram that shows the occurrence of a genetic trait in several generations of a family
trait → characteristic that is inherited.
How many traits does a gamete carry? → only carries one gene for each trait.
what is codomance? → the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%