5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did Gregor Mendel experiment?
- What is the probability of a coin landing tail (.5), for two coins to both land on tails
- never mind
- a - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- b occupies a specific location on a chromosome and determines a particular characteristic.
- c .5 times .5 = .25
- d never mind
- e collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
5 Multiple choice questions
- TT stands for homozygous dominant and purebred dominant.
- the liklihood of an event occuring is not influenced by the outcome of earlier events.
- - he founded the principle of dominance that states one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed.
- when two different alleles are present in an organisms genotype.
- males because they only have one chromosme to carry the recessive allele.
5 True/False questions
allele → occupies a specific location on a chromosome and determines a particular characteristic.
Who is Gregor Mendel? → -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
what is plasma? → heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
what does the y chromosome carry? and who does it only affect? → to predict the possible outcomes
Where does segregation occur? → TT stands for homozygous dominant and purebred dominant.