5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bursa of Fabricius
- a Microscopic projections off feather barbs that help maintain a contour feather's structure.
- b The funnel-shaped ovarian end of the oviduct.
- c Dilation of the esophagus in some species of birds that acts as a storage pouch for food.
- d Specialized organ in birds that is necessary for B-lymphocyte development.
- e The process of trimming and shaping a bird's beak.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Toe position in which three toes face forward and one faces the rear.
- Top part of the head.
- Species that can lay only the number of eggs in a normal clutch size.
- A developing feather hat contains blood in its shaft for growth and nourishment.
- Depression in the retina of the eye containing a high concentration of cone cells; some birds have two of these to help with binocular vision.
5 True/False Questions
Columella → Middle ear bone in birds.
Hamuli → Microscopic hooks that link barbules together.
Egg Binding → The condition resulting when an egg gets stuck in the oviduct of birds.
Indeterminate Layers → Species that can lay only the number of eggs in a normal clutch size.
Feak → The act of rubbing the beak on a rough surface to clean it and maintain its shape.