← Chapter 9 Notes Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- political party
- raising large amounts of money
- a an association of voters with broad, common interests who want to influence or control decision making in government by electing the party's candidates to public office.
- b The party that replaced the Federalists as the main challenger to the Democratic-Republican party in 1830 were the_____.
- c what is the main role of the congressional campaign committees in the political arenas?
- d a geographic area that contains a specific number of voters
- e each individual part of an platform
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The first two political parties in the United States were the______________, which was led by Thomas Jefferson and the_____________ that was led by Alexander Hamilton.
- an election in which only declared members of a party area allowed to vote for that party's nominees.
- a strong party organization that can control political appointments and deliver votes.
- The two mechanisms that are used by parties to select delegates to the national convention are____and_____.
- an election in which voters choose candidates to represent each party in a general election.
5 True/False Questions
open primary → an election in which voters need not declare their party preference.
third-parties → parties that challenge the two major parties
national committee → a strong party organization that can control political appointments and deliver votes.
caucuses → meetings of state and local part organizations
Reform, Independent, and Bull Moose → what is the main role of the congressional campaign committees in the political arenas?