5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gadfly (448)
- Riffraff (434)
- waylaid (332)
- lurching (284)
- Connoisseur (437)
- a an expert judgement in matters of taste The cheese connoisseur was able to tell us which cheeses to buy in certain places around the world.
- b undesirable people The riffraff involved were given a warning by the teacher.
- c to stop or interrupt (someone) and prevent them from proceeding in the conversation or trouble them in some other way: JT waylaid Nicholas, who was dressed inappropriately for the restaurant, throwing him back onto the sidewalk.
- d an annoying person that provokes others into action. : The gafly started the fight in the cafeteria
- e Make an abrupt, unsteady, uncontrolled movement or series of movements; stagger: "the car lurched forward".
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a precision tool with a mechanically rotated abrasive tip, for enlarging holes to precise dimensions.
- A group of ships or vehicles traveling together, typically accompanied by armed troops, warships, or other vehicles for protection.
- the ensigns or emblems of royalty, as the crown or scepter or ceremonial clothes/robes of royalty
- to move lightly and swiftly; fly, dart, or skim along.
- to enjoy oneself in a noisy way He reveled in the fact that he won and I lost.
5 True/False Questions
cinched (303) → to cut or engrave into the surface of something. There were many old drawings etched in the stone cavern that I could not identify.
roundhouse (453) → a locomotive maintenance shed built around a turntable
wraith (256) → A ghost or ghostlike image of someone
heady (349) → potent; intoxicating. Only a few glasses of this heady wine will knock you out
ample (299) → plentiful; large and accomodating