5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sired (327)
- cortege (260)
- Brazen (438)
- Grisly (429)
- ravenous (305)
- a a solemn procession, esp. for a funeral.
- b causing a shudder or feeling of horror; horrible; gruesome: The detectives stumbled upon a grisly murder.
- c bold and without shame The brazen warmonger frustrated many people.
- d extremely hungry, famished, starved, wild. The ravenous tiger hadn't eaten in days and would kill and eat anything in sight.
- e to be the male parent of (an animal).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- avoid or neglect (a duty or responsibility). The employee shirked from her duties.
- Fearless, adventurous: The intrepid explorer was lost in a maze.
- to move or act blindly, stupidly, or without direction or steady guidance
- A store of valuable or delightful things.
- undesirable people The riffraff involved were given a warning by the teacher.
5 True/False Questions
callous(460) → showing or having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others.
to blanch (250) → to move or act blindly, stupidly, or without direction or steady guidance
render(253) → intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; ex. The ardent students were very eager to listen to their teachers lecture.
canny (331) → having or showing shrewdness and good judgment in money or business matters: the canny shoppers came to the store early for a bargain.
menials (329) → potent; intoxicating. Only a few glasses of this heady wine will knock you out