5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Comitee of Public Safety
- Stormingg of the Tulerries
- 83 Deparrtments
- Thermidorian Reaction
- Estates General
- a the National Assembly divided France into these that were governed by elected officials
- b the king's palace was stormed and the king was taken prisoner after fleeing to the Legislative Assembly
- c feudal assembly that represented the three estates
- d an emergency governemt to deal with internal and external challenges to the revoultion; led by Robspeirre
- e name given to the reaction against the radicalism of the French Revolution. It is associated with the end of the Reign of Terror and reassertion of bourgeoisie power in the Directory.
5 Multiple choice questions
- responded to Burke's arguement by defending Enlightenment principles; wrote "Rights of Man"
- a new group of legislators that replaced the National Assembly in the new governemnt
- English womens activist who wrote "Vindication of the RIghts of Woman"
- working class radicals that supported the mountain
- general referendum (vote) that was overwhelmingly approved 3011007 to 1562
5 True/False questions
Parlement → the high court of Paris restored under Louis XV
War of the Firsst Coalition → France was proclaimed a republic on september 21 1792; abolished the monarchy and installled republicanism; based on the ideeas of equality, liberty, and fraternity
Paris Coommune → revolutionary municipal government set up in Paris which effectively usurped the power of the Legislative Assembly
Lettre de cachet → reorganized the French army
Law of Suspects → a planned economy to respond to food shortages and related economic problems