5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- UNIVERSITIES IN THE MIDDLE AGES: Methods of Teacher were...
- (Task 5:9) CITIES IN MEDIEVAL EUROPE
- THE VIKINGS: What did the Vikings do in Ireland?
- (Task 5:10) THE LANDHOLDINGS IN WILLIAM OF NORMANDY'S ENGLAND ARE PRESERVED IN ...
- BUBONIC PLAGUE - Nature of the Disease: How many types of Bacterium are associated with Bubonic Plague?
- a The Vikings ruled all of Ireland most of the 11th century.
- b There are two to three forms [types] of plagues:
1. Bubonic Plague
2. Pneumonic Plague
3. Septicemic Plague
- c - Lectures & disputations [debates] between two 'masters' [lecturers] with 'cheering sectins' [favorate debators] of students .
- Disputations [debates] taught students to think.
- d the Domesday Book
- e depended on countryside for supplies
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Friendly. You like to be around people. You like people
- - Knights carried lots of goods back
- Venicians adopted the Art of Glass making
- French Villegers cultivated silk worms. [The worms ate mulberry leaves. Eventually they learned how to process the feces from silkworms to make silk.]
- Farmers planted plum trees, Sugar Cane, Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg
- Leader of a movement in Bohemia based on Wycliffe's ideas and followed the same pattern as Wycliffe. He taught that the authority of the Bible was higher than that of the Pope.
- The step that signaled the rise of universities was the grouping of students & masters into Guilds for
1. mutual interests and
- Derogatory words.
5 True/False Questions
THE CHURCH IN THE MIDDLE AGES or Medivial Ages - THE INQUISITION: How was the Inquisition set up? → Believers
THE REFORMATION: John Wycliff and Jan Hus were... → King of England 1157-1199; Led England's army on the Third Crusade and did not successfully reach Jerusalem. King of England - He fought in the holy land against Saladin during the 3rd crusade. Returned to England in a draw.
On his way home from the crusade he was captured and held prisoner in the Holy Roman Empire until England ransomed him.
The Muslims recaptured Jerusalem in 1187. The armies failed, but Richard settled for a truce that left him with control of some towns, and European travel rights to Jerusalem.
UNIVERSITIES IN THE MIDDLE AGES: The 3 Levels of expertise in trades/craftsmen are... → - 1st Level is the Apprentice [Beginning level]
- 2nd Level is the Journeyman [Middle level]
- 3rd Level is the Master Craftsman [This is the top level]
BUBONIC PLAGUE: "Ring around the rosies..." → 50% of the population had died off.
THE VIKINGS - Where did they spend their winters? → The Vikings ruled all of Ireland most of the 11th century.