5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- appositional growth
- Red bone marrow
- Axial and Appendicular
- a Where does hematopoiesis occur?
- b What are mature bone cells?
- c What is the process in which bones increase in width?
- d What are the two divisions of the skeletal system?
- e What are unmineralized bone matrix composed of proteoglycans, glycoproteins, and collagen?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What is composed of medullary cavity that contains fat (yellow marrow surrounded by compact bone)?
- What type of cartilage makes up the larynx and trachea?
- What are the ends of bones also known as?
- What are the stages of bone repair?
- What are hydroxyapatities?
5 True/False Questions
spiral fracture → A crushed break, often due to weight or pressure applied to a bone during a fall.
articular cartilage → What type of cartilage is found at the ends of long bones?
Irregular bones → What kind of bones are bones with complicated shapes?
calcitonin → What hormone produced by the thyroid gland tends to lower the level of calcium in the blood plasma and inhibit resorption of bone?
costal → What is the structural unit of compact bone?