5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- No nerves; No blood vessels; Made up of 80% water; slow growth
- a What is the membrane on the outer surface of the diaphysis?
- b What are small cavities in bone that contain osteocytes?
- c What childhood disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin D and sunlight results in bone deformities associated with impaired metabolism of calcium and phosphorus?
- d What is the cell responsible for secreting the matrix of the bone?
- e What are the characteristics of cartilage?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A crushed break, often due to weight or pressure applied to a bone during a fall.
- Whatt is the surgical repair of the bone to put it in proper alignment?
- What are mineral salts also known as?
- What regenerates faster in the adult skeleton when broken, bone or cartilage?
- What is the realignment of broken bone ends WITHOUT surgery?
5 True/False Questions
It increases absorption of calcium in the small intestine. → What is the function of Vitamin D in bone remodeling?
costal cartilage → What type of cartilage forms the intervertebral discs?
calcitonin → What mineral can osteoclasts take from the bones?
Epiphyseal plate (line) → What are the ends of bones also known as?
humerus → What is a bone fracture that penetrates the skin?