5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- long bones
- vertebrae and hip bones
- flat bones
- a What are two examples of irregular bones?
- b What produce collagen fibers that span the break?
- c What kind of bones are longer than they are wide?
- d What kind of bones are thin, flattened, and a bit curved?
- e Increasing weight-bearing activities can prevent the development of this bone disorder.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the process when bone forms by replacing hyaline cartilage (cartilage or endochondral bone)?
- What are mineral salts also known as?
- During infancy and childhood, what is the most important stimulus of epiphyseal plate activity?
- What hormone produced by the thyroid gland tends to lower the level of calcium in the blood plasma and inhibit resorption of bone?
- What type of bone is best able to withstand stress?
5 True/False questions
diaphysis → What childhood disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin D and sunlight results in bone deformities associated with impaired metabolism of calcium and phosphorus?
compound → What mineral can osteoclasts take from the bones?
bone → What division of the skeleton forms the bones of the skull, vertebral column and rib cage?
Canaliculi → What mineral can osteoclasts take from the bones?
Diaphysis → What is composed of medullary cavity that contains fat (yellow marrow surrounded by compact bone)?