5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- closed system
- chemical change
- a A system in which no matter is allowed to enter or leave.
- b A material that decreases the rate of reaction.
- c A change in which one or more substances combine or break apart to form new substances
- d Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- e The study of the properties of matter and how matter changes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A reaction that absorbs energy in the form of heat.
- A substance formed as a result of a chemical reaction.
- A reaction in which one element replaces another in a compound or when two elements in different compounds trade places.
- A change in a substance that does not change its identity.
- A solid that forms from a solution during a chemical reaction.
5 True/False Questions
reactant → A reaction in which one element replaces another in a compound or when two elements in different compounds trade places.
conservation of matter → The amount of one material in a certain volume of another material.
open system → A system in which matter can enter from or escape to the surroundings.
activation energy → The minimum amount of energy needed to get a chemical reaction started.
combustion → A rapid reaction between oxygen and fuel that results in fire.