5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Change to a Protostar
- Bright stars are located here on the HR diagram
- Red giant
- Change to a red giant
- a The Main Sequence star will continue to burn all of its hydrogen.
- b A star that is in the process of forming in very dense regions of the nebula
- c Top
- d A low mass star that has run out of hydrogen and is no longer producing heat by nuclear fusion.
- e Gravity pulls the elements in the nebula together to form a new star
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- As gravity pulls more material in the pressure increases, This causes an increase in temperature. Then it gets so hot that nuclear fusion starts in the core of the star.
- The red giant increases in size because as the core shrinks as the outer layers expand.The outer layers expand because the gravity decreases.
- The gravity in the Super giant no longer holds the outer layers and the outer layers explode off in a Super Nova.
- The explosion of a massive star that has stopped its nuclear fusion. Its death explosion.
5 True/False Questions
Planetary Nebula → A giant cloud of gas and dust that has exploded away from a super nova
Super giant → A low mass star that has run out of hydrogen and is no longer producing heat by nuclear fusion.
Neutron Star → The collapsed remaining core that is left of a massive star after its Super Nova.
Change to a White Dwarf → Gravity pulls the elements in the nebula together to form a new star
Main Sequence → The stage at which Nuclear fusion starts in the core of the newly formed star