5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- light - Year?
- Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram
- Spiral Galaxy?
- white dwarf
- a pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- b occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
- c light year is the distance light travels in one year. Distance not time.
- d a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- e earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- About 200 billion stars
- a dead star
- Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.
- 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
5 True/False Questions
Horizon → a new star that forms in Nebulae
Main Sequence → earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
Constellations → patterns of stars
Absolute Magnatude? → How bright a star appears from earth.
Circumpolar Constellations? → When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.