← Quizzam: stars Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Spiral Galaxy?
- Red Giant or Super Red Giant
- Absolute Magnatude?
- About how many stars does the Milky Way contain?
- What Galaxy is the Milky Way?
- a pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- b About 200 billion stars
- c Spiral
- d Life cycle stages, After the main sequence, the star expands to 15- 30 times the sun's size.Red Giants are bright but cool!
- e The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.
- a dead star
- Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
- patterns of stars
- occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
5 True/False Questions
Reflective Telescope? → Uses a mirror instead of an objective lens.
Examples of Circumpolar Constellations? → When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.
Ellipitical Galaxy? → looks like a flattened ball; little gas and dust between stars, contain old stars
Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram → When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.
geocentric → earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)