5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram
- 3 types of Galaxies?
- Spiral Galaxy?
- Absolute Magnatude?
- a pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- b 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
- c The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
- d a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- e Where the sky and the ground meet
5 Multiple choice questions
- When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.
- patterns of stars
- The middle, stable stage in a star's life. It can last from a few billion years to 100 billion years. (Middle Age)
- looks like a flattened ball; little gas and dust between stars, contain old stars
- How bright a star appears from earth.
5 True/False questions
Parallax? → pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
About how many stars does the Milky Way contain? → About 200 billion stars
white dwarf → a dead star
Super nova → Where the sky and the ground meet
Black dwarf → a dead star