5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Refracting Telescope?
- Spiral Galaxy?
- Irregular Galaxy?
- a It does NOT have a regular shape
- b earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
- c pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- d a new star that forms in Nebulae
- e Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- Earth and other planets revolve around the sun. (Copernicus)
- When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.
- Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.
- occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
5 True/False Questions
Horizon → Where the sky and the ground meet
Reflective Telescope? → Uses a mirror instead of an objective lens.
Super nova → Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
Constellations → Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.
3 types of Galaxies? → pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center