← Quizzam: stars Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What Galaxy is the Milky Way?
- Black dwarf
- Apparent Magnitude?
- Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram
- a How bright a star appears from earth.
- b Spiral
- c a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- d patterns of stars
- e a dead star
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- About 200 billion stars
- earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
- Where the sky and the ground meet
- The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
- The middle, stable stage in a star's life. It can last from a few billion years to 100 billion years. (Middle Age)
5 True/False Questions
white dwarf → a dead star
Spiral Galaxy? → pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
Reflective Telescope? → Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
Examples of Circumpolar Constellations? → Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
Irregular Galaxy? → pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center