5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Irregular Galaxy?
- Absolute Magnatude?
- About how many stars does the Milky Way contain?
- Red Giant or Super Red Giant
- a About 200 billion stars
- b The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
- c It does NOT have a regular shape
- d a new star that forms in Nebulae
- e Life cycle stages, After the main sequence, the star expands to 15- 30 times the sun's size.Red Giants are bright but cool!
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
- Where the sky and the ground meet
- Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.
- 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
- earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
5 True/False questions
Black dwarf → a dead star
Super nova → a new star that forms in Nebulae
white dwarf → a dead star
light - Year? → occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
Reflective Telescope? → Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.