5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 types of Galaxies?
- What Galaxy is the Milky Way?
- Irregular Galaxy?
- a 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
- b Earth and other planets revolve around the sun. (Copernicus)
- c It does NOT have a regular shape
- d earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
- e Spiral
5 Multiple choice questions
- Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.
- Life cycle stages, After the main sequence, the star expands to 15- 30 times the sun's size.Red Giants are bright but cool!
- a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.
- patterns of stars
5 True/False questions
Main Sequence → The middle, stable stage in a star's life. It can last from a few billion years to 100 billion years. (Middle Age)
Horizon → a new star that forms in Nebulae
Examples of Circumpolar Constellations? → Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
white dwarf → occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
Spiral Galaxy? → Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.