5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- white dwarf
- Spiral Galaxy?
- 3 types of Galaxies?
- Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram
- a a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- b occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
- c pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- d patterns of stars
- e 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
- Uses a mirror instead of an objective lens.
- light year is the distance light travels in one year. Distance not time.
- About 200 billion stars
- Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
5 True/False Questions
Prostar → a new star that forms in Nebulae
Apparent Magnitude? → How bright a star appears from earth.
geocentric → earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
Circumpolar Constellations? → Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
Refracting Telescope? → Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.