5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- methodology bias
- sampling bias
- web- based survey
- purposive sampling
- a the characteristics of the random sample are different from the characteristics of the entire population, when the sample size is too small, and when the sample is not homogeneous. validity decreases. non response is a problem
- b database and html, can skip to certain questions based on answer and wont let respondent skip. can provide animation. more complicated to design than email. fast, low cost, flexible. population sample limitation
- c identified specific characteristics of a population that match quite well with purpose of the research. why someone purchase a product. oly qualified respondents
- d study and analysis of various methods. have principles that determine how the tools are deployed and interpreted
- e an agency automatically defaults to a method that they are most comfortable with
5 Multiple choice questions
- compare the relationships among a set of important variables at intervals. doesnt have to be same people.
- simple how one goes about conducting the research at hand. manner of the research procedure. ex: experimental research, qualitative, historical, etc. usually logical, orderly systematic way. TOOL of scientific investigation
- questionnaires and interviews
- displayed within email or attached, ability to see if deleted, review survey for changes, can communicate with respondent
- collect info and date from a sample of the target market or respondents during a single point in time. compare the relationships among a set of important variables based on respondents characteristics. cannot note shift in opinion.
5 True/False questions
on-site survey station → self- administer response, can have texts and graphics, skipping/ no skip software. respondents are available, not true sample of pop. software can restrict those who participate
deductive reasoning → something known to be true (major premise), through a supporting idea or rule (minor premise) to the conclusion. ex: all ad is paid more, see an ad, assume its paid for.
sample frame → the characteristics of the random sample are different from the characteristics of the entire population, when the sample size is too small, and when the sample is not homogeneous. validity decreases. non response is a problem
reliability → when a study is repeated, and arrives at the same results. extent of which results will be consistent or replicable if the research is conducted a # of times
order bias → future conclusion from some sample in the past