5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alkali metal
- a Body's main energy source, especially in respiration. Sugar is an example.
- b Needs constant energy to continue, usually a decrease in temperature.
- c Element in the far left column of the periodic table.
- d Process that produces water and salt.
- e Substance shown on the right side of a chemical equation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A synthetic organic compound.
- Change in color, formation of gas, heat.
- Splitting nucleus into smaller pieces.
- Equal numbers of atoms on both sides of the equation.
- Do not react naturally with other elements, like argon, neon and xenon.
5 True/False Questions
Decomposition reaction → Simpler substances are formed.
Starch → pH value is greater than 7, tastes bitter, turns litmus paper blue, and may be slippery.
Metalloids → Natural substances or formed from two natural substances.
Physical change → Force that holds two atoms together.
Synthesis reaction → Process in which the products keep the process going.