5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- compartment syndrome
- platelet aggregation, white blood cell
- a what degree of burns is partial thickness burns
- b T/F cells can maintain normal electrolytes, resulting in excess NA+ w/in the cell and excess K+ o/side the cell.
- c abnormal ___ ___and ___ ___ ___ accumlation result in ischemia, and eventual thrombosis in the deeper tissue below the burn.
- d when circumferential burns and edema occur together this may result
- e is released due to the stress of the burn injury , which depresses the immune system and increases th risk of infection
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the loss of intravascular volume causes an increase in blood viscosity that increases th risk for .....?
- these burns:within minutes of the burn , there is a loss of cell wall integrity at the injury site and in the capillary bed,this causes a massive amount of fluid to shift from the intracellular spaceinto the interstitial space,fluid leaks from the capillaries at the burn site and throughout body results in hypovolemic shock (BURN SHOCK)
- caused by direct skin contact with either acid or alkaline agents
- red blood cells are ___ due to direct damage from the burn
- abdominal pain, acidic gastric ph levels, hematamesis(vomitting blood) and occult blood may indicate the presence of.......?
5 True/False Questions
hemoglobinuria → dark brown concentrated urine may lead to
hemoconcentration → occurs as the vascular system attempts to compensate for fluid loss
deep partial thickness → these burns involve the entire epidermis plus hair follicles, but sebaceous glands and epidrmal sweat glands remain intact
rules of nine → characteristic of which thickness burns (partial, superficial ,full thickness) only epidermis lost, skin appears pink to red and dry and may have local edema, skin function and pain are present, manifesations at burn site include pain and local edema,clean regularly use topical agent of choice, no outer layer peeling and will take 3-6 days to heel
radiation → these type of burns tend to be superficial