5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which industries did the first wave of e-commerce transform?
A) air travel, books, bill payments
B) air travel, books, music
C) real estate, air travel, books
D) real estate, books, bill payments
- In network economics, the more people that use Microsoft Office software and related products, the greater its value.
- All of the following are major features of organizations that impact the use of information systems EXCEPT for
A) business processes.
D) agency costs.
- A(n) ________ activity is a part of the organization's infrastructure, human resources, technology, and procurement that makes the delivery of the firm's products or services possible.
- ________ is a competitive strategy for creating brand loyalty by developing new and unique products and services that are not easily duplicated by competitors.
- a TRUE
- b Product differentiation
- c Support activities
- d B
- e D
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
The four major types of competitive strategy are
A) low-cost leadership; substitute products and services; customers; and suppliers.
B) low-cost leadership; product differentiation; focus on market niche; and customer and supplier intimacy.
C) new market entrants; substitute products and services; customers; and suppliers.
D) low-cost leadership; new market entrants; product differentiation; and focus on market niche.
Answer → B
The most successful solutions or methods for achieving a business objective are called
A) value activities.
B) best processes.
C) core competencies.
D) best practices.
Answer → C
The use of Internet technologies allows companies to more easily sustain competitive advantage.
Answer → FALSE
A) compares the efficiency and effectiveness of your business processes against strict standards.
B) allows industry participants to influence industry-wide standards.
C) is used to measure the speed and responsiveness of information technology.
D) synchronizes the business processes of customers, suppliers, and trading partners.
Answer → C
One type of competitive advantage Amazon was able to implement in selling books over the Internet was that of being a new market entrant.
Answer → B