← Cont. Issues FINAL Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 8-12 billion years
- a how old is the universe?
- b an example of coevolution
- c protects internal organs and tissues from exposure to pathogens, and prevents water loss
- d a pigment that gives skin its color
- e how much percent of water is available to drink?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Galileo's theory that the sun was the center of the universe
- the variety of all the genes, species, and natural communities that exist within a particular place
- chronic, chemically based, can occur for no reason, biological disease
- what was brought from Europe to North America for honey production?
- ritalin, adderall, cocaine
5 True/False Questions
.13 million years → when homo sapiens arise
scopes trial → in 1925, a general science teacher broke the Tennessee law against teaching "any theory that denies the story of the divine creation of man as taught in the Bible, and to teach instead that man has descended from a lower order of animal." he was found guilty and fined
Charles Darwin → Published the origin of Species and the theory of evolution
157 gallons → how much does an average FW resident use water?
225 million → how many people ages 5 years old and older are on antidepressants?