5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- This was composed by Gustav Mahler
- Bizet's most famous opera was
- The nickname for Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5
- He was influenced by Chopin and Paganini
- He composed 'The Erlkonig'
- a Carmen
- b Liszt
- c The Emperor
- d Kindertotenlieder
- e Schubert
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- They were created by Wagner
- a song cycle by Schumann
- It combined new and innovative musical elements within traditional harmonies and form.
5 True/False Questions
When did an interest in historical music, exemplified by the establishment of a permanent classical repertoire and the creation of academic fields to study it, become evident? → Symphony N3 in E-flat Major
Which of the following is a major collection of piano pieces by Robert Schumann? → The first movement begins with a lengthy ritornello.
In what way does Debussy's harmonic style differ from that of Wagner? → The urgency to resolve is absent.
Beethoven's first symphony premiered in → 1800
An oratorio by Mendelssohn → Elijah