5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- net asset value
- market order
- common stock
- round lot
- Dow Jones Industrial Average
- a shares of ownership in a corporation that give stockholders voting rights and a portion of future profits (after holders of preferred stock are paid)
- b stocks are usually purchased in multiples of 100 shares, called _________.
- c a measure of stock market prices based on thirty leading companies of the New York Stock Exchange
- d the investment value of each share of a mutual fund, or the pirce per share that you can buy a fund
- e an order to purchase stocks at the current price
5 Multiple choice questions
- the government agency, established in 1934, that protects investors in stocks and bonds.
- an ownership share or shares of ownership in a corporation
- an investment that is easily converted into cash
- the price of the stocks divided by the earnings the company made for the last year. Listed in most stock quotes, it is used to determine how cheap or expensive a stock is compared to other stocks
- the process through which companies obtain money to expand their businesses through stocks and bonds
5 True/False questions
fraud risk → stocks are usually purchased in multiples of 100 shares, called _________.
initial public offering → the first time a corporation's stock is offered for sale to the public
limit order → an order to purchase stocks at a specified price
diversification → to buy a variety of stocks or other investments to spread risk
capital gains → the process through which companies obtain money to expand their businesses through stocks and bonds