6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Complex network of DNA coiled around and supported by proteins, found in the nucleus of the cell.
- The second part of protein synthesis whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm.
- The factors in a person's life that are determined by the quality of his or her relationship with God.
The RNA that performs transcription (the first step in protein synthesis). It copies the coded message from DNA in the nucleus and carries the message into the cytoplasm.
- DNA wrapped around histones (spools) forms long DNA strands into "beads on a string".
- The region that joins two sister chromatids.
5 True/False Questions
mitosis → Proteins that act as spools which wind up small stretches of DNA.
histones → A process of asexual reproduction in eukaryotic cells.
genetic factors → The science that studies how characteristics get passed from parent to offspring.
gene → A section of DNA that codes for the production of a protein or a portion of a protein, thereby causing a trait.
transcription → The first step in protein synthesis by which a DNA template is used to produce a single-stranded mRNA molecule that's a negative image of that DNA portion.