6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Proteins that act as spools which wind up small stretches of DNA.
- Those "nonbiological" factors that are involved in a person's surroundings such as the nature of the people who raise them, the person's friends, and the person's behavioral choices.
- The first step in protein synthesis by which a DNA template is used to produce a single-stranded mRNA molecule that's a negative image of that DNA portion.
- The general guideline of traits determined by a person's DNA.
- The region that joins two sister chromatids.
- The time interval between cellular reproduction when the cell carries on normal life functions.
5 True/False Questions
messenger RNA → mRNA.
The RNA that performs transcription (the first step in protein synthesis). It copies the coded message from DNA in the nucleus and carries the message into the cytoplasm.
genetics → A section of DNA that codes for the production of a protein or a portion of a protein, thereby causing a trait.
anticodon → A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to (attracts) a specific amino acid (tRNA anti-codon).
nucleosomes → Complex network of DNA coiled around and supported by proteins, found in the nucleus of the cell.
spiritual factors → The general guideline of traits determined by a person's DNA.