7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- prolonged feelings of worthlessness and guilt. disruption of normal eating habits. sleep disturbances. general slowing of behavior.
- capillaries in the brain are not leaky--they have tight junctions & are covered with astrocyte feet. prevents materials from moving in and out easily.
- decrease in response to a drug with passage of time
- people learn to cope with being intoxicated
- block receptor sites by mimicing neurotransmitter but not performing the function of it
- increased # enzymes used to break down substance
6 True/False Questions
elimination of drugs → broken down in kidneys, liver, intestines. excreted in urine, feces, sweat, breastmilk, & exhaled air.
drug action at synapses → increased responsiveness to successive equal doses of a drug. more likely to occur with occasional use.
drug routes to nervous system → most psychoactive drugs influence chemical reactions at synapses
cellular tolerance → activities of brain cells adjust to minimize effects of a substance
endothelial cells → decrease in response to a drug with passage of time
antagonist → substance that blocks the function of a synapse