5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- graphic record
- computer-controlled dispensing system
- patient education record
- other diagnostice reports
- case management
- a newer system for med ordering an administration is this that is supplied by the pharmacy daily, stocked with single-unit packages of medicines. Nurse uses a security code and password, thumb print
- b provides a means of documenting the health teaching provided to the patient, family, or significant others and includes statements regarding the learner's mastery of the content presented
- c Reports of surgery, EEG, ECG, pulmonary function tests, radioactive scans and radiograph reports are usually recorded in this section of the patient's chart
- d coordinate patient care provided to individuals, their families, and significant others on a continuum, providing efficient transitions to services that may be needed after discharge at home, in clinics or in other health care facilities such as rehabs or nursing homes.
- e is an example of manual recording of temp, pulse, resp and bp. Pain assessment nka the 5th vital sign can also be recorded on this.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- guidelines developed for the practice of nursing. These guidelines are defined by the nurse practice act of each state, by state and federal laws regulating health care facilities by JCAHO and by professional organizations such as the ANA and other agencies.
- CPOE is supported by this
- all procedures and treatments are ordered by the health care provider on this form which include general care, lab tests to be completed, other diagnostic procedures, and all medications and treatments such as physical therapy or occupational therapy.
- When other physicians or health professionals are asked to consult on a patient, the specialist's summary of findings, diagnoses, and recommendations for treatment are recorded in this section
- this is printed from the computerized patient database to ensure that the pharmacist and the nurse have identical medication profiles for the patient. This lists all meds to be administered
5 True/False Questions
floor or ward stock system → floor or ward stock system, ind presc. order system, unit dose system, automated dispensing system
narcotic control systems → floor or ward stock system, ind presc. order system, unit dose system, automated dispensing system
PRN order → administer if needed
Contents of patients charts → summary sheet; consent forms; physician's order form; H&P form; progress notes; critical pathways; nurses notes; lab tests record; graphic record; flow sheets; consultation reports; other diagnostic reports; MAR: PRN or unscheduled med record; case management; patient education record
history ad physical exam form → physician on admission to the hospital interviews the patient and given this which lists the problems to be corrected, often referred to as the H&P